2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I seriously just said like 2 days ago in the niner forum that they were likely the one team that really couldn't go after Watson because of the optics lol

If that happens, I'll respect the IDGAF what you think attitude of their team lol 

Yeah, they dont seem like they care about optics. Their stadium dumps sewage on the fans, their FO's respects womans rights about the same as a neanderthal and the fanbase basically hates them. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I seriously just said like 2 days ago in the niner forum that they were likely the one team that really couldn't go after Watson because of the optics lol

If that happens, I'll respect the IDGAF what you think attitude of their team lol 

The more I think about it, the more I think the Watson to the Commanders rumour makes sense. 

Think about it for a second. You’ve got coaches and FO execs who likely need better QB play to keep their job next year, and then the owner who likely believes that there’s nothing wrong with what Watson has allegedly done. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He's not worth Jalen money. Hell Jalen might not be worth Jalen money. 

I don't know about that because what J.C. Jackson has done @ CB within a league/era that makes CB play extremely difficult; he's been more impressive than even #21 Primetime Deion Sanders was @ CB (in terms of INTs).

Deion Sanders 1st 4 years = 17 INTs.

J.C. Jackson 1st 4 years = 25 INTs.

There is a lot more to CB play than just INTs (just ask #24 Darrelle Revis Island) but I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd ever witness an NFL CB who knew how to bait QBs into throwing INTs as #21 Primetime Deion Sanders once did; until J.C. Jackson happened.

This kid is ranked 9th All-Time in Interceptions (throughout his first 4 years of play).

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-interceptions-first-4-years

Night Train Lane = 33 INTs (drafted 1952).

Emlen Tunnell = 33 INTs (drafted 1948). 

Lem Barney = 32 INTs (drafted 1967).

Goose Gonsoulin = 30 INTs (drafted 1960). 

Bobby Dillon = 29 INTs (drafted 1952).. 

Paul Krause = 28 INTs (drafted 1964). 

Milt Davis = 27 INTs (drafted 1957). 

Don Doll = 26 INTs (drafted 1949).

J.C. JACKSON = 25 INTs. 

✓ What this kid has done as a true #1 lockdown CB of an Interceptions-Artist has never once been seen nor done before; at least not within modern day 🏈 it hasn't. 

But you know what's even more nuts

J.C. Jackson didn't become a full-time starter until year #3 which means throughout the previous two seasons of 2020 and 2021 he's combined for 17 freaking Interceptions!

And outside of only Night Train Lane's 17 Interceptions throughout a two year period; I'm not sure if it's ever been done before.

~ I'm an FSU fan so of course I love Jalen Ramsey but I'm sorry; this kid J.C. Jackson is worth every penny that Jalen Ramsey is because J.C. Jackson is more than just an INT MACHINE; he's also a lockdown/blanket of a CB (in coverage) and can play both man to man as well as zone coverage.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

he's also a lockdown/blanket of a CB (in coverage) and can play both man to man as well as zone coverage.

JC’s shown that this past year, yes. 

He however struggled in that role last year when Gilmore was in and out of the lineup. Prior to that, he’s never been asked to be the #1 CB in a heavy man defense (NE played more zone this year than they usually do, largely because of the secondary). The turnovers are obviously great, but were not indicative of the role that he had on the team throughout most of his career. 

I want Jackson back badly, but I’m hesitant to pay him the money that he’ll get on the open market. No CB is perfect, not even Ramsey, but I think NE would only be comfortable paying that type of money to a guy that they can truly leave on an island. Seeing Diggs work JC (really the only elite matchup Jackson had this year) wasn’t the type of look Pats fans wanted.

If the biggest threat in the division (and really the conference too when you consider KC) forces you to play zone and double their top targets anyway, then a $20M/year CB’s value gets mitigated.

Edited by Yin-Yang

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Watson to the Commanders rumour makes sense. 

Think about it for a second. You’ve got coaches and FO execs who likely need better QB play to keep their job next year, and then the owner who likely believes that there’s nothing wrong with what Watson has allegedly done. 

I thought about this - the Commanders are right now on the edge of a federal inquiry on sexual harassment/assault. Congress is about to get medieval on Dan Snyder, there’s a distinct possibility that he’ll be forced to sell the team.

This might be an instance where the league will interfere in some capacity to prevent this happening. The last thing the Commanders need is a QB with 22 pending sexual misconduct charges hanging over his head - on field product be damned. If Watson is traded to Washington, I think Goodell will put him on the Commissioner’s List immediately …and indefinitely (or until Dan Snyder sells the team). The league can’t afford the face of the Commanders to be a guy with this sort of grime on his resume.

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

JC’s shown that this past year, yes. 

He however struggled in that role last year when Gilmore was in and out of the lineup. Prior to that, he’s never been asked to be the #1 CB in a heavy man defense (NE played more zone this year than they usually do, largely because of the secondary). The turnovers are obviously great, but were not indicative of the role that he had on the team throughout most of his career. 

I want Jackson back badly, but I’m hesitant to pay him the money that he’ll get on the open market. No CB is perfect, not even Ramsey, but I think NE would only be comfortable paying that type of money to a guy that they can truly leave on an island. Seeing Diggs work JC (really the only elite matchup Jackson had this year) wasn’t the type of look Pats fans wanted.

If the biggest threat in the division (and really the conference too when you consider KC) forces you to play zone and double their top targets anyway, then a $20M/year CB’s value gets mitigated.

Stefon Diggs throughout 3 games against NE last year only combined for 24 Targets, 14 catches, 196 Receiving Yards and only 1 TD (58.3% Catch Rate Percentage). 

That's only an average of 8 targets, 4.6 catches and 65.3 receiving yards per game (0.33 TDs per game).

I'd say that J.C. Jackson and your N.E Pass Defense held their own against Stefon Diggs man. 

Trust me. I know. Because I'm an NY Jets fan.

In only two games against my Jets last year (no, not 3 games; but only 2 games) Stefon Diggs tore out entire secondary a new one and we didn't know how to defend him. 

Stefon Diggs throughout only two games against my Jets went off against us for 27 Targets, 17 catches, 243 Receiving Yards and 2 TDs (62.9% Catch Rate Percentage).

That's an average of 13.5 targets, 8.5 catches and 121.5 receiving yards (1.0 TDs per game). 

So if your N.E. fan base considers what Stefon Diggs did to N.E as "working J.C. Jackson" and/or not the look N.E. fans wanted?

Well then please let J.C. Jackson become an NY Jet because our NY fan base would love to see that type of production next year once going up again Stefon Diggs 2x again (and we wouldn't be complaining about it either).

14 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Seeing Diggs work JC (really the only elite matchup Jackson had this year) 

I don't know about all of that. 

Stefon Diggs (3x).

Jaylen Waddle (2x).

Mike Evans. 

Chris Godwin.

Brandin Cooks. 

Amari Cooper. 

CeeDee Lamb.

Keenan Allen. 

Mike Williams.

Jarvis Landry. 

A.J. Brown. 

Michael Pittman Jr.

Kyle Pitts (plays like a WR).

Etc. 

Etc. 

You guys actually went through damn near the NFL gauntlet of awesome NFL WRs. 

But yet you guys somehow still managed to rank...

#2 in QB Rating against.

#2 in fewest Passing Yards allowed.

#2 in Passed Defended.

#2 in most Defensive INTERCEPTIONS.

#2 in QB Completion Percentage allowed.

#4 in fewest Passing TDs allowed. 

And J.C. Jackson was only the superstar DB within your entire secondary...

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Stefon Diggs throughout 3 games against NE last year only combined for 24 Targets, 14 catches, 196 Receiving Yards and only 1 TD (58.3% Catch Rate Percentage). 

That's only an average of 8 targets, 4.6 catches and 65.3 receiving yards per game (0.33 TDs per game).

I'd say that J.C. Jackson and your N.E Pass Defense held their own against Stefon Diggs man. 

Trust me. I know. Because I'm an NY Jets fan.

Stats without context.

The first meeting was a hurricane windstorm and the second game the Bills didn’t need to pass to Diggs when McKenzie was having his way with the defense. 

Im sure most fans like @Yin-Yangare accurately remembering 2021 where Diggs had a 3 TD performance against NE and went 6-92 in the rain in Buffalo as well 

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Stats without context.

The first meeting was a hurricane windstorm and the second game the Bills didn’t need to pass to Diggs when McKenzie was having his way with the defense. 

Im sure most fans like @Yin-Yangare accurately remembering 2021 where Diggs had a 3 TD performance against NE and went 6-92 in the rain in Buffalo as well 

You must be referencing to 2020s season, because in 2021 (last year) Diggs only scored 1 TD (throughout 3 games combined).

Nonetheless J.C. Jackson and NE went up against a lot of awesome WRs and Stefon Diggs wasn't the only one; Stefon Diggs (3x) .Jaylen Waddle (2x). Mike Evans. Chris Godwin. Brandin Cooks. Amari Cooper. CeeDee Lamb. Keenan Allen. Mike Williams. Jarvis Landry. A.J. Brown. Michael Pittman Jr. Kyle Pitts (plays like a WR).

But yet N.E's Pass Defense still ranked #2 in QB Rating against, #2 in fewest Passing Yards allowed, #2 in Passed Defended, #2 in most Defensive INTERCEPTIONS, #2 in QB Completion Percentage allowed and #4 in fewest Passing TDs allowed. 

At the end of the day this kid J.C. Jackson is A+ special and as an NY Jets fan not only would I love to have him but if not I'd be happy to just see him leave the AFC East (completely) all together.

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:
21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

You must be referencing to 2020s season, because in 2021 (last year) Diggs only scored 1 TD (throughout 3 games combined).

Yes typo on my part. Which was obvious.

Point remains, using Diggs stats from last season is disingenuous and leave out context of the games. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes typo on my part. Which was obvious.

Point remains, using Diggs stats from last season is disingenuous and leave out context of the games. 

But I'm not talking strictly Stefon Diggs (he's saying Stefon Diggs was the only elite WR he matched up against last year, which isn't accurate) because what I'm talking about is J.C. Jackson's overall impact. He was A+.

N.E faced a lot of awesome WRs not named Stefon Diggs and N.Es pass D was elite while J.C. Jackson played down right amazing. And yes. N.E's D had a lot of success against Stefon Diggs in comparison to mostly everyone else. I watched two of their 3 games last year and loved what I saw on how they defended him.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships