2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Darren Waller has to be looking at his remaining 2year/14mil (7 per) and thinking about wanting a new deal or a trade and deal. Like it's freakishly undercosted if guys like Njoku are getting the tag @~10mil. I don't think the Raiders would move him, but surely some teams are going to call wondering. Raiders traded Mack when he was on the verge of new deal top of the market type thing, but maybe Waller is a reason the new staff took the job and a new extension solves any potential issues.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

He costs more to trade than to keep, so people would have to make it worth it for Carolina 

I’d love to get CMC and make him more of a receiver, use him out of the backfield to mix things up (Deebo esque). Lessen his usage a little. I don’t think you can let him bellcow it anymore.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’d love to get CMC and make him more of a receiver, use him out of the backfield to mix things up (Deebo esque). Lessen his usage a little. I don’t think you can let him bellcow it anymore.

Good luck with that dude has missed 23 games throughout just his previous two years alone. 

• Shoulder injury?

• Hamstring injury?

• Ankle injury? 

And people tell me Ezekiel Elliott is on a steep decline lol hard (easy) pass on Christian McCaffrey.

And his RB contract is absolutely atrocious...

2022: $14,309,500.

2023: $17,709,500.

2024: $17,709,500. 

$49,728,500 throughout the next 3 years @ an average of $16,576,166 (per year).

And to make it worse the Carolina Panthers can't even escape his contract due to dead cap hits of $26,638,000 (2022), $12,828,500 (2023) and $7,119,000 (2024). 

Chuba Hubbard is going to become a decent FF RB sleeper over the next couple of years as a replacement for once Christian McCaffrey is injured and on the sidelines watching from the bench.

√ This 2022 RB draft class is fully loaded in RB talent so why any team would waste valuable draft capital + cap space on Christian McCaffrey would be beyond me. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Good luck with that dude has missed 23 games throughout just his previous two years alone. 

…which is why I said I’d love to lower his usage and stop using him as a full time running back?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Actually his cap hits for the incoming team would be 8.6, 12, 12, 12 with the ability to cut bait with no penalty at any time

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

…which is why I said I’d love to lower his usage and stop using him as a full time running back?

Well. He wouldn't be gift wrapped and/or come to N.E. for free. 

So...

What type of draft capital would you be willing to throw away for him and also would you willing to watch your Front Office pay a RB $49,728,500 throughout the next 3 years @ 16,576,166 per season? 

PS: I thought Rhamondre Stevenson looked pretty darn good for you guys as a Rookie Thunder RB and you guys can easily draft a back this year in order to create a dynamic thunder/lightning duo @ RB.

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

Actually his cap hits for the incoming team would be 8.6, 12, 12, 12 with the ability to cut bait with no penalty at any time

2022:

$14,309,500 contract. 

$26,638,000 dead cap. 

$17,709,500 contract. 

$12,828,500 dead cap. 

$17,709,500 contract. 

$7,119,000 dead cap. 

https://overthecap.com/player/christian-mccaffrey/5592/

(I was referencing to Carolina being stuck with him (unless able to trade him).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships