2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

17 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

@ET80

It was never in doubt. There was no question about it; 0.00% chance the Chargers Front Office would've refused to pay Mike Williams (at least not on Justin Herbert's watch they wouldn't).

College Football GIF by ESPN

Mike Williams Celebration GIF by Los Angeles Chargers

You sure do like to post “ I told you so” a lot…

• Like 1

I don't know how to link tweets but Albert Breer tweeted during the combine a "big name" FA reached out to Buffalo to gauge their interest if the money makes sense. 

He doubled down on that today in an article and said "trust me I'm not exaggerating the "big name" part of it".

Gronk? Von Miller? Chandler Jones? Gronk and Jones are from update NY so that could make sense. It mentions the player wants to play with Josh Allen which would make me think like an Allen Robinson or Gronk.. or just a defensive player that knows what Allen's capable of. 

23 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Not really just wanted to remind you how the Chargers ownership is serious about investing into Justin Herbert. 

As someone who followed the Chargers ownership closely for, what I feel fairly safe in saying, longer than you have and has had contacts with legitimate sources within the organization - I can tell you this is really more a case of John Spanos and Tom Telesco sunk a Top 10 pick into a guy and he, for the most part, panned out (still not to the level you'd be hoping for from a WR taken 7th overall) and they didn't want to look like they had egg on their faces.  They're a very risk-averse front office; the three blind mice could have seen that they were more like to resign Williams than test the market by giving that money to another free agent WR out there - and they've already pegged what position they're addressing with their 1st round pick too (which wouldn't have been WR anyway).  All of that far more than this is an indication that they set out to invest heavily in Justin Herbert's future to the tune of a near-market-benchmarking deal.

• Like 1

Just now, ravishingone said:

So is Jimmy G to Indy a forgone conclusion at this point?  

I'm not going to rule out Pitt, but I feel like Indy is most likely. 

Ballard and Lynch are friends, I'm pretty sure. They've done business before, and the colts have expressed interest in Jimmy before. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not going to rule out Pitt, but I feel like Indy is most likely. 

Ballard and Lynch are friends, I'm pretty sure. They've done business before, and the colts have expressed interest in Jimmy before. 

Rumors floating around Indy trying to trade for Carr.  Makes little sense unless McDaniels really likes Jimmy G better.  Issue is the Raiders could probably get better draft compensation then Indy could offer.

With all of Indy's bluster this offseason, seems unlikely they go the UFA route.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Rumors floating around Indy trying to trade for Carr.  Makes little sense unless McDaniels really likes Jimmy G better.  Issue is the Raiders could probably get better draft compensation then Indy could offer.

With all of Indy's bluster this offseason, seems unlikely they go the UFA route.

Without a first this year, I'd think that's a non starter for Vegas, though they could do the Stafford trade 

• Like 1