Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

I mean you already have admitted that after today youre sold on him. It would be different if you werent being objective..but you are atm

I’m a man of my word. I even said that I wouldn’t fault him if the plan was for the run game to win it but it wasn’t. THre game was 100% in Wentz’s hands and he played better than the numbers show minus that 4th TD (I personally penalize QBs for PA TDs in the Red Zone). I never had anything against the guy. I just don’t annoint players quickly.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're taking this a little too personally. He even gave Wentz a lot of credit today.

He can take it however he wants. He’s literally talking out of his *** and clearly way too invested in whether or not Carson Wentz proves the “doubters” wrong. I was there once with Antonio Brown so I get it.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yep, understandable. Blake was such a good big game player in college. There's a possibility he ends up like Eli. At least, I'm hoping. I've always liked the guy.

Fingers crossed.

I loved him at UCF too, was stoked when we drafted him. Thought we had "our guy". Hope it just took him some time and he ends up being it. Would definitely be nice to not have to worry about drafting a guy and continue to build up the talent on here outside of Blake if he ends up getting back on track consistently.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're taking this a little too personally. He even gave Wentz a lot of credit today.

Blaq's been hatin on the Eagles the last 10 years for as long as I've been on this forum (because his girl and family are Eagles fans and he lives or lived near Philly).   Good for him, he realized he was wrong as he should.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm getting there. I shouldn't have been so reactionary when I watched his college film.

Your homerism is out of control.     Just accept it, trade him to the Steelers for a 5th round pick so he can backup Landry Jones going forward, and move on.  

Just now, .Buzz said:

Fingers crossed.

I loved him at UCF too, was stoked when we drafted him. Thought we had "our guy". Hope it just took him some time and he ends up being it. Would definitely be nice to not have to worry about drafting a guy and continue to build up the talent on here outside of Blake if he ends up getting back on track consistently.

I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I really think y'all would have had your guy if you gave him his entire rookie year to work on his mechanics. But man, it would be great if he can resurrect his career under Marrone. The Jaguars' fans deserve it.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Your homerism is out of control.     Just accept it, trade him to the Steelers for a 5th round pick so he can backup Landry Jones going forward, and move on.  

I will not apologize for sticking to my guns, except for Gurley. I was wrong about him. He sucks.

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Also Im not sure why people here think we (Eagles fans) are some huge homers who constantly pimp our team....

I mean have you ever been to our forum?Honestly?

Other than Phire you guys really haven’t helped your case in this topic to be honest. But ultimately, it’s not just your fan base. It’s quite literally everyone on this forum. It’s why the quality of this forum has gone down. People no longer make valid arguments; everything is reduced to “you’re a hater” if you don’t call other teams perfect.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Let me break this down for you.  Team A vs Team B 

Scenario 1:

Team A offense starts on the 20.  Team B lets them go 80 yards for a TD.  Team A kicks it off.  Team B starts with the ball on the 25.  Team B's anemic offense goes 3 and out and punts it for 40 yards.  Team B's defense goes back on the field with the ball at the 35.

Scenario 2:

Team A offense starts on the 20.  Team B forces a three and out and punt.  Team A punts it.  Team B starts with the ball at the at the 40.  Team B's anemic offense goes 3 and out punts it for 40 yards.  Team B's defense goes back on the field with the ball at the 20.

That's 15 yards difference in field position because of defensive performance.  

Yes Shane Ray is on the field.  I assumed he hadn't come back yet.  This is his first game back from IR.    Surely at 100%.

I see what you're saying. So let's scrap looking at simple stats like opposing field position and points allowed, and only use something that uses everything possible to churn out 1 number comparable across seasons: DVOA. The 2017 Broncos have a nearly identical defensive DVOA to the 2016 Broncos, which was a good deal less than the 2015 Broncos. That's not important though, forget comparing these defenses, you obviously treat every incarnation of a team as completely separate from one another, I disagree but I don't care to argue that nor does it matter here. What's important is that the 2017 Broncos, that the Eagles just decimated, share(d) a defensive DVOA with a defense regarded as elite last year, good for 2nd in the league. The main point of my initial post was "The Eagles are doing something very impressive, scorching a great defense worse than anyone else." I think that point still stands equally as well even if we don't bring the 2016 or 2015 Broncos into the conversation. How about this: This was the most dominant offensive performance against the formidable quintuplet of Miller, Harris, Talib, Marshall and Stewart (which started in 2015)? You'd be hard pressed to find a group of 5 defenders with the kind of success they've had over the 2 1/2 year period leading into today.

Shane Ray played last week.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Other than Phire you guys really haven’t helped your case in this topic to be honest. But ultimately, it’s not just your fan base. It’s quite literally everyone on this forum. It’s why the quality of this forum has gone down. People no longer make valid arguments; everything is reduced to “you’re a hater” if you don’t call other teams perfect.

That's always been the forum. That was the argument made to me when I told people Suh wasn't the next Reggie White when he was a rookie.

Archived