Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So I missed it. Did Mike Evans react that way cus he had been getting his ... tapped all game by Lattimore?

Winston walks on the field to shove Lattimore in the back of the neck...Lattimore shoves him back...Evans drills Lattimore in the back. Why Winston came on the field in the first place is a good question.

Lattimore was clearly in both Winston and Evans’s heads. He embarrassed them both. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did Philly play that well, or was Denver that bad? Because holy hell that's a crazy scoreline.

As much as people dont want to admit, the Eagles are for real. Wentz is playing out of his mind and our defense is really good. 

But the Broncos struggled today as well. Offense sucked, and the defense didn't show up. I don't blame them with Osweiler at QB.

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So I missed it. Did Mike Evans react that way cus he had been getting his ... tapped all game by Lattimore?

Probably. He went to Xavier Rhodes' instagram account for a little dig after Rhodes wore him as well. Scum.

23 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

I disagree. The Rams are a perfect example of why the argument holds merit. Players with Fisher vs players with McVay? Night and day. Theyre playing harder. Theyre playing smarter. Theyre playing more disciplined. You could see it by the mid point of the season last year that coaching was a huge issue. Players were flat. Disinterested. Unmotivated. Playing dumb. Committing dumb penalties. 

You could argue it's overused. Or people are too quick to jump to that conclusion. But it is absolutely an argument that is based in reality. And player preparation is a huge component in team sports. Particularly at the highest level, where the slightest advantage or disadvantage is magnified on the field.

I think it's vastly overstated. People think those traits create the winning where I think actually the winning creates that atmosphere and leads to those things. 

This team with the same roster as dominant, were playing "disciplined", "hard", "motivated" abs this year it's looks the opposite why the change? Was Ben motivating them last year? Is that why they were good? 

Point is that I don't think today's game had anything to do with guys not being ready or properly prepared. Bottom line it's on the players to play. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think it's vastly overstated. People think those traits create the winning where I think actually the winning creates that atmosphere and leads to those things. 

This team with the same roster as dominant, were playing "disciplined", "hard", "motivated" abs this year it's looks the opposite why the change? Was Ben motivating them last year? Is that why they were good? 

I disagree with the idea that bad teams have to "learn how to win." You learn to win by winning.

However, I don't agree with you that motivation and discipline are based on winning. I've seen motivated and disciplined teams that lacked the talent. I've seen undisciplined teams that won because they had talent. Those things are a function of the coaching staff. Mike Smith's teams are a good example of teams that were disciplined even when they weren't good. Jeff Fisher's teams are a good example of teams that weren't disciplined even when they were winning.

Archived