Vikings Hire Kevin O’Connell as Head Coach

SemperFeist

1. I doubt McVay is stepping away this year. If that was a strong possibility, it certainly feels like those conversations would have been had. And it wouldn’t catch the Rams off guard.

2. As I mentioned earlier, none of the other Rams’ coaches who are expected to leave for other jobs have been formally announced, either. The parade is Wednesday. Let’s these guys enjoy their win. 

3. The Vikings have almost a full coaching staff in waiting. O’Connell has basically built his coaching staff, and those 10 guys or so have put their lives on hold, left jobs, and/or passed on other opportunities. If O’Connell is the type of person to leave those guys hanging, then he’s no where near the type of leader that you want for your team. 

4. If O’Connell ends up spurning the Vikings, the consolation prize is likely Raheem Morris, maybe Patrick Graham if he’s allowed out of his DC job. Those are still great options. 

Would Kevin even want the LA job over the Vikings? Teams usually regress after a Super Bowl, there will be a lot more pressure, and he'll always be compared to McVay. LA has slightly better talent, but they are in the same QB situation as MN. He'd also be sort of stuck with the current assistant coaches in LA instead of picking his own staff.

19 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Relaxing doesn't get clicks.

I hate the "click generation" generation.  It gives rise to a lot of the nonsense we see in the world on social media.  It riles people up to point of absurdity.  It's the same reason why I stopped watching any sort of cable news.  I found myself going crazy.  

• Like 2