Vikings Hire Kevin O’Connell as Head Coach

SemperFeist

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

It's good leadership, not "millennial" to be collaborative with your employees.

While it certainly is a good sign of leadership, the emphasis on it is a millennial thing.  Ultimately, as far as I'm concerned, it should be a balance.  Collaboration can only go so far...at the end of the day, someone has to make the final decision.  If you put sole emphasis on collaborating, decisions can often take longer than necessary.  Collaborating so everyone has input is great, but someone has to weigh that input and make the decision.  I'm just ultimately concerned about the "stalemate" aspect that can often occur.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

While it certainly is a good sign of leadership, the emphasis on it is a millennial thing.  Ultimately, as far as I'm concerned, it should be a balance.  Collaboration can only go so far...at the end of the day, someone has to make the final decision.  If you put sole emphasis on collaborating, decisions can often take longer than necessary.  Collaborating so everyone has input is great, but someone has to weigh that input and make the decision.  

Is anyone arguing otherwise? And, I'm not the one that said it was a millennial thing.....I've been in leadership for 2 decades. I've studied it. I have a lot of friends that consult on it. It isn't a millennial thing to work with your people. It's just that US management teams largely suck.

Kevin O'Connel, at his signing:

"Absolutely huge day for me and my family, but just knowing that an organization as special as the Minnesota Vikings is committed to me as the head football coach to lead the team in to the future and go chase a championship. It means the world to me. I take it as an incredible responsibility and I'm very very excited about the challenge that's ahead but maybe more so excited about the people I get to do it with. From a players and coaches and organizational standpoint. Great ownership. Everything about this opportunity has got me very excited to be here." 

O'Connell: "I hope the message of my enthusiasm and excitement comes through, but I can tell you firsthand I cannot wait. From the moment this press conference ends we're going upstairs and we're getting started, finishing our staff like I said, and then we'll get to implementing all the great things we're going to do here."

https://www.vikings.com/news/kevin-oconnell-press-conference-intro-takeaways?fbclid=IwAR2TaLfAXUUW-b3tO-Pl9L_Fay8Rz84veFs5sICgk3xD1Q-PfAwqlsL88QM

Christian Darrisaw: “I’m excited just for the change and everything like that. I feel like sometimes you need change and I’m excited to see what he brings to the Minnesota Vikings’ offense. I just can’t wait really."

On any given Sunday, 64 offensive tackles start football games in the NFL. In 2021, Minnesota Vikings rookie Christian Darrisaw ranked 36th in the league per Pro Football Focus per overall proficiency – not bad for a rookie player.

And among rookie tackles, Darrisaw’s 71.9 PFF grade was the fourth-best leaguewide. Once the Vikings left tackle was fully healthy, he produced a commendable rookie season, one certainly worth building on in 2022.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/christian-darrisaws-thoughts-on-the-vikings-regime-change

• Like 2