Vikings Hire Kevin O’Connell as Head Coach

SemperFeist

4 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Say what?!! We're only a short 12-13 years removed from Childress and the vaunted KAO! How could you forget such offensive glory? 😄

Yeah great. Maybe we should poach Rodgers in his final year to signal once and for all that we are totally excited to be a poor man's Packers. 

19 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there any actual reason to suspect that McVay would walk away other than he doesn't want to coach forever? 

He's mentioned in the past that he wants to have a family and wants to be able to put his effort into that, which he wouldn't have as much time to do that in this type of job.  I don't think he'd walk away at this point.  Maybe in a couple of years or so, but not right now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He's mentioned in the past that he wants to have a family and wants to be able to put his effort into that, which he wouldn't have as much time to do that in this type of job.  I don't think he'd walk away at this point.  Maybe in a couple of years or so, but not right now.

I don't think he leaves yet, but I heard Romo is making 18m per year now to do broadcasting?!  I wouldn't blame the guy if he wanted to jump in the booth.

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Would think the networks would give him a top paying job if he wanted it now. Would be a much easier job.

How crappy would that be for O'Connell to do. It would look really bad for him, just like when McDaniels did it in Indy. As Vikings fans, we already know what will happenn; he will stay in Los Angeles and we will have to settle for someone who will be out of the job in 2-3 years. And if it does happen, honestly forget Sean McVay. Who the heck retires at 36 years old after winning the Super Bowl?