Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

I think Jim Harbaugh is actually at the very top of the Vic Fangio tree.  Maybe we could get him to come in and be our OC.

In terms of defensive philosophy, not coach linkage.  Fangio is largely credited as the father of the modern 2-high defenses.

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Not sad about that. 

He’s a good coach, heading down a similar path as Stefanski, but I feel like he’s certainly replaceable on the QB coach level.

If O’Connell hires a QB minded OC, the team would have QB minded HC and a QB minded OC. A QB coach seems like a lot of voices in the QB room, especially if the stick with a vet QB like Cousins. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Dream OC would be luring Mike McDaniel out of SF, if he doesn’t get the Miami job. 

I'd love this but I can't imagine McDaniel making the move and not being able to call plays. And I assume KOC wants that responsibility. 

13 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'd love this but I can't imagine McDaniel making the move and not being able to call plays. And I assume KOC wants that responsibility. 

I just don’t see it happening because it wouldn’t surprise me if the 49ers would just match an offer and give him the exact responsibilities in a offense he’s helped work in. I just don’t see them letting him leave for an equal job basically and it wouldn’t make much sense for him.