Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

At your asking prices? Yeah...

Eh. I've got prices in mind based on the last three drafts. I follow those prices both ways. It doesn't mean that I won't consider other offers, but I tend to think that one tag is worth more than a 6th round pick (at least, to me).

I'm also not desperate to move them, so I'll just stick with what I've got.

As for those tag values, here's my read on things:

Non-Rookie Draft:

1 Tag - Mid 4th Round Pick
2 Tags - Mid 3rd Round Pick
3 Tags - Mid 2nd Round Pick
4 Tags - Mid 1st Round Pick

Rookie Draft:

1 Tag - Mid 5th Round Pick
2 Tags - Mid 4th Round Pick
3 Tags - Mid 3rd Round Pick
4 Tags - Mid 2nd Round Pick

It's not to say that tags must be traded for the above compensation, but that it's a reasonable value and starting point for discussions. (Of course, a tag holds as much value as another owner is willing to spend.)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just breaking this down a bit: you think that an owner could trade his 5th and 6th round picks for one tag each, then trade those two tags, plus one of his own, and obtain a 1st round pick?

If you think you could pull it off, go for it.

We're on S23 and it's never happened.

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just breaking this down a bit: you think that an owner could trade his 5th and 6th round picks for one tag each, then trade those two tags, plus one of his own, and obtain a 1st round pick?

yes, hypothetically 

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, it's not supposed to represent a hypothetical. It's equal value. I don't think you'd consider trading a 1st round pick for a 5th, 6th and 1 tag. (If you will, let me know: the offer is on the table.)

I would certainly consider trading a first for 3 tags, which your question laid out

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

I would certainly consider trading a first for 3 tags, which your question laid out

We're talking about value. If you believe that you can trade a 5th and 6th and get two tags, the value of that trade should be something you'd consider. Of course, no one in their right mind would trade a 1st for a 5th, 6th and 1 tag. That value is way off.

ahhh.. the classic tag arbitrage debate.. it comes up every 2-3 seasons

Glem's post is probably "more accurate" historically.. but the problem is, and always will be, the fact that tags are not liquid commodities. There isn't a "New York Tag Exchange" where you can buy and sell with the bank, and it fluctuates and regulates itself to market value. You have to find a buyer and a seller. 3 tags together are more expensive than 1, 1, and 1 (typically) because its harder to find 3, and if you try to get 1, 1, and 1, you might not be able to find all 3 separately

I'm pretty much always open to buying tags OR selling tags, based on whatever people seem to be offering and who is desperate to buy or sell (and sometimes I'm the desperate one, tbh)