Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

47 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Given what Cooper Kupp did in this offense I think Jefferson has a strong chance to be the 1st ever WR to eclipse 2,000 yards in a season.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I don't think Calvin Johnson ever played for the Vikings.  😜

Doesnt seem like hes talking about the vikings only in that post

13 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Doesnt seem like hes talking about the vikings only in that post

Missed that one, but no, Calvin only got to 1,964.  I still insist that if Moss had actually tried hard during his career, he easily would have surpassed 2K at least once.  

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Missed that one, but no, Calvin only got to 1,964.  I still insist that if Moss had actually tried hard during his career, he easily would have surpassed 2K at least once.  

Ahh I thought he went over 2k just barely years ago And agreed with the Moss statement

On 5/23/2022 at 1:36 PM, swede700 said:

If he had some consistency at QB, that would have helped too. Culpepper was up and down and before that it was a cast of older QBs. Had a chance in New England but kind of fell out of favor. Wonder what he would have done if he had more years with Brady.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McCardell: "I think he [Jefferson] understands me, I understand him. I keep it simple. When you've got a great player like that, you try to keep it simple. Let his talent do the work. You help him with things he may have not seen before, and I may have seen in my career. I've probably seen every look that he's seen, but I try to help him through it.

https://www.vikings.com/news/opportunities-abound-for-vikings-wrs-in-keenan-mccardell-s-2nd-season

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

McCardell: "I think he [Jefferson] understands me, I understand him. I keep it simple. When you've got a great player like that, you try to keep it simple. Let his talent do the work. You help him with things he may have not seen before, and I may have seen in my career. I've probably seen every look that he's seen, but I try to help him through it.

https://www.vikings.com/news/opportunities-abound-for-vikings-wrs-in-keenan-mccardell-s-2nd-season

I'm so glad we kept McCardell. Our WR group looked great last year. It's only looking better this year. My only worry is that Keenan may get poached as a head coach candidate in a couple of years.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm so glad we kept McCardell. Our WR group looked great last year. It's only looking better this year. My only worry is that Keenan may get poached as a head coach candidate in a couple of years.

That's probably not likely.  I can't really think of any WR coaches that ever became head coaches...unless they were an OC first.  Some have dabbled at it for a year or 2, like Zac Taylor, Shanahan, and Sirianni...but the only current HC with any significant experience at it is Daboll, and that was for 5 yrs in New England in the early 'aughts.  Generally, HCs from the offensive side are QB coaches, TE coaches or even OL coaches...not WR coaches.   

Edited by swede700

On 6/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, wcblack34 said:

The Vikings would get draft picks if he was poached right?