Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson posted another big day in Sunday’s 29-22 win over the Bears. Jefferson had a career-high 12 catches for 154 yards in the victory and he now has 40 catches for a league-high 547 yards on the season. He also has 236 catches for his career, which breaks Randy Moss’ franchise record for the most catches through a player’s first three seasons.

The fact that he’s set that record with 12 games left to play in the season is a testament to how prolific Jefferson has been since entering the league. After the game, Jefferson said he’s trying to match the kind of impact Moss had on the game while also keeping the 4-1 Vikings on the winning side of the scoreboard.

Jefferson: “I’m trying to be like him. It’s definitely great to have the seasons I’ve been having but, you know, we got to get to that playoffs, get to that Super Bowl. That’s the main goal of our season. Not the accolades and not the touchdowns and all that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/justin-jefferson-personal-accolades-are-great-but-were-trying-to-win/

His favorite Journey song is "Who's Cryin' Now?"

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Jefferson finished with 107 yards on six catches for his 18th career game with 100-plus receiving yards, which is tied with Jake Reed for the fifth-most in franchise history.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dolphins-observations-cook-run-takeaways-key-closeout-week-6

I often forget just how good Jake Reed was for us. He was a 24 year old rookie from Grambling. Played mostly special teams his first 3 years, and then exploded. From 1994-1997, he had over 1100 yards in all 4 seasons. 

• Like 1