Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Disney made the Mandalorian and Boba Fett, two bounty hunters that are supposed to be villains, positive/likeable. And made Obi-Wan who is supposed to be a hero boring and unlikable, lol.

That’s Obi wans goal being in hiding tho, to be fair. Boba fett was one of the worst Disney shows I’ve seen. 

I really enjoyed that episode. The scene with Vader chasing Ben was probably the scariest I’ve seen in Star Wars. More darkness and horror please.

I thought young Leia was fantastic this episode. Pretty good acting for someone her age.

I know y’all are complaining about the tunnel scene but I thought that once Reva realized what it was she went directly to the port and waited for them there. Makes sense to me. 

One complaint - that planet kinda sucked compared to the other ones we’ve seen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I did like the bit where clunky Vader with the incredibly loud breathing apparatus snuck up on Obi Wan. Great writing. 

So good.  You could just feel the Dark side of the Force flowing.  Skywalker Sound just crushes those sequences with all the low end and bass too.    It's not like you can't see Vader in the dark with all those lights and buttons on his chest but Obi Wan was straight up panicking.  The blue lightsaber in the dark matched what he said to Leia earlier about turning the light on when it's dark is what the Force feels like.  That was dope whether it was intentional or not.

When Vader walks down the alley and Obi Wan starts having a panic attack I knew that Obi Wan was going to be unable to push that down.  Vader sensed something and I kept thinking how is Kenobi going survive this??  Not to mention the Inquisitors and stormtroopers.

We saw how Obi Wan struggled to catch Leia when she fell off the building in the last episode.  Here we see so how out of Jedi shape he is.  Rusty with his lightsaber skills.   He got his *** kicked.  That scene with the fire was so damn intense.  It was terrifying.

And how the hell is Obi Wan going to survive for 7 more years after all of this???  lol

• Like 3

I kinda wish we could see Vader using explosive over the top force abilities like we’ve seen in video games. Like in Fallen Order, he comes after you at the end and he destroys the entire area as you try to run away from it 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I kinda wish we could see Vader using explosive over the top force abilities like we’ve seen in video games. Like in Fallen Order, he comes after you at the end and he destroys the entire area as you try to run away from it 

Hopefully he does. This was his first appearance. I’m sure he’ll massacre Reva in her redemption arc like he does in the game.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah, Aside from that one scene in Rogue One, it’s weird that all of the coolest and horrifying stuff he does isn’t in the films. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

especially with the way vader is portrayed as being so incredibly angry and hateful about what happened youd think he would lash out in a way that you mentioned

Sometimes they really don’t answer the why questions beyond “cuz, plot”.

Like the world logic was just kinda broken as soon as Vader showed up on that planet.  Some of it can be answered if he’s just letting Obi-wan go to catch more people. But like why would a little fire stop Vader, how and why was that robot allowed to pick him up and then she could rush to their side close by and just sorta chill there. 

How nerfed Vader is was sad to see too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Sometimes they really don’t answer the why questions beyond “cuz, plot”.

Like the world logic was just kinda broken as soon as Vader showed up on that planet.  Some of it can be answered if he’s just letting Obi-wan go to catch more people. But like why would a little fire stop Vader, how and why was that robot allowed to pick him up and then she could rush to their side close by and just sorta chill there. 

How nerfed Vader is was sad to see too

Vader has always been bad at holding people he captures. He allowed his own daughter to escape from the Death Star. He allowed his 1 armed son to fall through an air shaft. People are very clumsy when they lose an arm. Did he forget to use the force? Even in AOTC, his wife, Padme just falls out of a ship. Didn’t even summon a sand monster to save her. On top of that he lost all his limbs. The truth is, Vader is just clumsy and forgetful sometimes.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Vader has always been bad at holding people he captures. He allowed his own daughter to escape from the Death Star. He allowed his 1 armed son to fall through an air shaft. People are very clumsy when they lose an arm. Did he forget to use the force? Even in AOTC, his wife, Padme just falls out of a ship. Didn’t even summon a sand monster to save her. On top of that he lost all his limbs. The truth is, Vader is just clumsy and forgetful sometimes.

that made me laugh out loud in a time in my life where I rarely laugh or even smile so thank you for that

• Like 1

That fight was awesome, not to mention poetic. He literally tried to burn Obi-Wan... because of course he did. 

I also heard somewhere that this is supposed to be the most powerful version of Vader yet, or at least the most aggressive, which might as well mean the same thing:

At first, I was against Obi-Wan fighting Vader before their A New Hope encounter, fearing it would devalue his "when I left you" speech, but now, I'm starting to not see it that way. I now feel it would be a slap in the face to see Vader take his pent-up frustration out on an old, brittle, weakened Obi-Wan decades later after mastering his power. Granted, this Obi-Wan hasn't seen The Force in 10 years, but we still got to see the two at their peak (albeit one not so much mentally) and of course, Vader romped. This should remove all doubt as to who would've won if Obi-Wan hadn't gave himself up in ANH.

Edited by KManX89

13 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

At first, I was against Obi-Wan fighting Vader before their A New Hope encounter, fearing it would devalue his "when I left you" speech, but now, I'm starting to not see it that way. I now feel it would be a slap in the face to see Vader take his pent-up frustration out on an old, brittle, weakened Obi-Wan decades later after mastering his power. Granted, this Obi-Wan hasn't seen The Force in 10 years, but we still got to see the two at their peak (albeit one not so much mentally) and of course, Vader romped. This should remove all doubt as to who would've won if Obi-Wan hadn't gave himself up in ANH.

This Obi wan isn’t close to his peak. Vader is 16 years younger and has been training everyday. Obi wan is meditating, begging on a desert for someone to save him. The closest we will see to both being in their prime was Episode 3, won by Kenobi.

I watched a video and he mentioned this in it which got me thinking too that they will meet again and Obi Wan will be ready for Vader and best him in a fight hence the "when I left I was but the learner now I am the master" speech because Vader obviously bested Obi in that fight

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1