Update: Titans and City Agree on Building of a New Stadium

Titans fan 617

https://www.axios.com/local/nashville/2022/02/17/tennessee-titans-new-stadium

Seen ttitans post about this in the Offseason Thread but i feel this is a big enough story that it needs its own thread

Im all for it and hope they start this season

Im sure the tough question is do they just build it right where it is now? 

If so do they play at Vandy or Vols Stadium until its finished

Nashville is such a hot market for away fans now that the draft was a big hit, the new jersey unveiling was a big hit which helped land the draft so we definitely need a new stadium with a retractable roof

I’d love a dome honestly.. we are way overdue for a new stadium.. I think the turn out from the draft is making them want more for the city so a dome would definitely bring more money and events.. I just hope we keep regular grass.. I hate turf

Edited by 615finest

I don’t live in Nashville so I know it’s easier for me to say since I don’t live there but I think a new stadium would be so great for Nashville, a lot of money to be made for the city 

Summer Slam is going to be in Nissan Stadium this August so imagine the money that could be made for a Wrestlemania 

World Cup matches 

Super Bowl

The Combine

More NFL Drafts ( don’t need the stadium for this one but could do both Combine and Draft same year)

NCAA Final 4’s

Nashville also continues to be rumored to get an MLB team so maybe a nice brand new stadium shows the MLB Nashville will invest in a new stadium for that team as well 

I don’t know how long the process will take for all this to start to gain traction and get in motion but it’s a pretty cool thing to talk about at a time when nothing is going on 

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Jim actually drops some knowledge about if we were to get a brand new Stadium 

He says they would build it in the same lot beside Nissan so the Titans would play in Nissan during the construction of the new one 

Need to build it by the River 

18 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Need to build it by the River 

Actually it would be cooler to take where it stands now and move it to the right ( or left) where the parking lot is now.

Then have the area by the rive be more commercial/new parking. Could picture a lot of venues sitting on the water and then you walk right over to the stadium. More river transportation outlets. 

Very cool. 

Neat, I've never been to a game in the current one though I have visited and been inside before. Would be cool to have a state-of-the-art new facility and see the place host more games.

Agree with others - natural grass is 3 times less likely to generate injuries compared to artificial turf, so that's my primary concern. Besides that... I do prefer open, but at least retractable at a minimum.

Does someone wanna explain to me how there's stadiums far older than ours that are still going fine and don't need in excess of a billion to be upgraded/fixed?

Like did they cheap out when they built it?

A new stadium would be cool and everything, but hopefully we don't hire anyone associated with building the current one if this is how it's gonna turn out.