GB free agency 2022

squire12

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's going to take one of the first four picks to bump out Newman. I don't think anyone bumps out Runyan, think he's for real.

Not impossible, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 picks is a OL. 

Yup.  Maybe one of them is.  I like Kenyon Green, just because he has that Jenkins comparison going for him.  He would come in and beat out one of Runyan or Newman right away.  

I think Runyan is an average starting G in the NFL, with a little room to grow.  Newman was sub average last year, could get a year two bump.  But I'm not sold on him.  And I don't know who is there for depth.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Who you got starting at RT in 2022?

Nijman?

Jenkins may not be ready until mid season

No reason to think Nijman couldn't lock that thing down for the next 5-6 years.  He's got the size, arm length is very good and he's light on his feet.

Dude is a keeper.

Just now, vegas492 said:

No reason to think Nijman couldn't lock that thing down for the next 5-6 years.  He's got the size, arm length is very good and he's light on his feet.

Dude is a keeper.

Maybe but in his 3 years with us he has only trained exclusively at left tackle. I don't think they ever moved him around and I would be surprised if they start now.

For RT I think it will be between Newman, Runyan, Van Lanen and Draft Pick.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Yup.  Maybe one of them is.  I like Kenyon Green, just because he has that Jenkins comparison going for him.  He would come in and beat out one of Runyan or Newman right away.  

I think Runyan is an average starting G in the NFL, with a little room to grow.  Newman was sub average last year, could get a year two bump.  But I'm not sold on him.  And I don't know who is there for depth.

Full season played with 2 sacks and 0 penalties, think you're selling Runyan quite a bit short. Specially when you add in bloodlines which I think need to be factored. I think he's our guard for the next 4-6 years. 

Kenyon Green isn't going to be on our board. He missed like every single athletic baseline for a Packers OL. If you want the guy we'll take in rd 2, my money is on Cole Strange. 

Just now, Chili said:

Maybe but in his 3 years with us he has only trained exclusively at left tackle. I don't think they ever moved him around and I would be surprised if they start now.

So we can move a guard to tackle, but not a tackle to tackle? I get some of those guys played tackle in college, but the pros are a different animal.

They cut Turner to get Nijman on the field. He'll be our RT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Could be.

But I'll bet he was cross trained at both tackle positions.  I think most are in GB.

I don't think Runyan has enough quicks in those feet to be a tackle.  Any tackle.

Newman does, and RT may be his best position.

Van Lanen is a total wildcard.

That kind of athlete, Nijman, is very versatile.  He was always the athlete.  Now it looks like he figured out how to football.  He's gonna be one of those huge success stories on the OL that was purely developed.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Aren’t these guys strictly interior linemen in the NFL… maybe in college. But I want no part of Runyan or Van Lanen as a T even if it is RT.

Just now, Green19 said:

Aren’t these guys strictly interior linemen in the NFL… maybe in college. But I want no part of Runyan or Van Lanen as a T even if it is RT.

These two were tackles in college. Left Tackles to be specific.

Runyan for example from an athletic measurables perspective is actually better than Bakhtiari. I wouldn't right him off as a potential tackle even though the Packers has never tried him there.