GB free agency 2022

squire12

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just wanna remind people that Brady ran an offensive system, for years, how it was meant to be ran and won more than anyone else in history with a WR room that would piss off a ton of QBs. Yes, I know they had TEs but, my point being, you run and trust the system, you can win. The system can make the players and MLF's system is one that does.

We're going to get fresh bodies in that room but it may not be who y'all want.

This is total bull****. He played with the most dominant TE ever and the most dominant WR ever.  Starting in '07 he was regularly surrounded by elite pass catching talent through last season. You can't just say you don't count those pass catching TEs. I lived in NE during that time. Grink and Moss made it easy for him.

Even before '07 he had a trio of solid quality WRs, but his offensive numbers were pretty average back then.

31 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This is total bull****. He played with the most dominant TE ever and the most dominant WR ever.  Starting in '07 he was regularly surrounded by elite pass catching talent through last season. You can't just say you don't count those pass catching TEs. I lived in NE during that time. Grink and Moss made it easy for him.

Even before '07 he had a trio of solid quality WRs, but his offensive numbers were pretty average back then.

Randy Moss was a Patriot for 3 years.  Gronk was the best receiving threat, but he routinely made his career out of WRs with less then ideal athletic traits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

Remind me...how many titles he win with Moss exactly?

And having one elite option doesn't make you surrounded by elite pass catching talent, especially not according to Packers fans. Remind me, prior to TB where he picked his spot, when exactly he was surrounded by elite pass catching talent in New England?

Edited by beekay414

2016, Gronk out most of the year. Brady won a title with slot Edelman, Martellus Bennett, James White and Chris Hogan as his top pass catchers.

Surrounded by elite receiving talent tho. That's just one year with me typing ****ty on my phone drunk at 4 am. 

And before the "it was all defense" that offense put up the third highest scoring average in the league. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The point being, for those of us hard of learning, was that Brady ran the offense as intended and won with it. 

Come now, let's get your head out of your *** here and stop making up tall tales about your hero Tom Brady. The only reason they didn't win with Moss was because the defense was crap those years and they ran into bad luck in the postseason.

But that isnt the point. The whole "Brady didn't have weaponz" or "Brady loves making less money" arguments going around here are silly and wrong. Brady loves money, he married someone richer than him. And Brady has been surrounded by elite offensive talent every year for 15 years. Picking out the one season that a lot of that talent got hurt to make your point doesn't make you right.

Yes - execution of scheme matters.  So does the actual scheme. So does having a top defense. And so does getting lucky. Sometimes the best team just doesn't win. Nick Foles is a SB champion. Any given Sunday. 

Unless your argument that the '07 Giants were a better coached, more efficient team than the Pats that year and won the game because the Patriots were so stupid as to trade for Randy Moss.

Edited by Sandy

38 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

You don't have 'secret knowledge' because you lived in NE for a while.

Why do you insult everyone who disagrees with you. 

You're within the definition of being a 'Troll'.  Ease up man.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. If someone disagrees with me in a respectful manner then I happily engage in peaceful debate.

And when people make stuff up to fit their running narrative, I'll call them out. BK's post claiming Brady never had good receivers and therefore receivers are superfluous was so steeped in deceit that I had to step in and call him out, lest our more impressionable readers be deceived.

And when someone insults me for pointing out the fly in their ointment, then I'll give them a taste of their own.

But since I like you Dubz, I'll try to tune it down.

With the WR market going totally bonkers regarding pay for top guys.  The natural progression would be CB's pay will follow. Historically, the top end guys have been paid close to the same on a yearly contract average. 

Given that and the fact we haven't been able to come to terms with Jaire. What is the max on a per year average you are willing to give Jaire to keep him in the fold beyond this year?

My guess would be his agent is starting at 25+ a year average. I could be way off too. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

With the WR market going totally bonkers regarding pay for top guys.  The natural progression would be CB's pay will follow. Historically, the top end guys have been paid close to the same on a yearly contract average. 

Given that and the fact we haven't been able to come to terms with Jaire. What is the max on a per year average you are willing to give Jaire to keep him in the fold beyond this year?

My guess would be his agent is starting at 25+ a year average. I could be way off too. 

Whatever he wants, you don't let the best CB in football hit the market at 26. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. If someone disagrees with me in a respectful manner then I happily engage in peaceful debate.

And when people make stuff up to fit their running narrative, I'll call them out. BK's post claiming Brady never had good receivers and therefore receivers are superfluous was so steeped in deceit that I had to step in and call him out, lest our more impressionable readers be deceived.

And when someone insults me for pointing out the fly in their ointment, then I'll give them a taste of their own.

But since I like you Dubz, I'll try to tune it down.

So, you've deemed yourself the board 'fact checker'? Just like the internet fact checkers, someone will need to check the 'fact checker' because most of these "facts" aren't actually facts or true. 

Also, please spare us all with the do-gooder BS. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Whatever he wants, you don't let the best CB in football hit the market at 26. 

I agree on the best CB in football, assuming he's healthy and his shoulder is sound. I guess I'm a bit more fiscally conservative than you are in these matters. 

I'm to the point where I'm only paying these positions at or near the top of the pay scale: QB, OT and EDGE. That is assuming the talent is worthy of top end pay. CB would be next on my list but with these numbers you have to pick your poison. 

BTW, I never suggested he hit the market as a free agent. 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

You don't have 'secret knowledge' because you lived in NE for a while.

Why do you insult everyone who disagrees with you. 

You're within the definition of being a 'Troll'.  Ease up man.

It's a banned account coming back to drive everyone nuts. Take it for what it is and you'll be better off. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I agree on the best CB in football, assuming he's healthy and his shoulder is sound. I guess I'm a bit more fiscally conservative than you are in these matters. 

I'm to the point where I'm only paying these positions at or near the top of the pay scale: QB, OT and EDGE. That is assuming the talent is worthy of top end pay. CB would be next on my list but with these numbers you have to pick your poison. 

BTW, I never suggested he hit the market as a free agent. 

I would argue CB is more important than OT these days. We went 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT and just went 13-3 with injuries to our LT, LG and RT. You can make do. At CB in this passing league, you cannot. CB absolutely belongs on that list. 

• Like 1