GB free agency 2022

squire12

Whether you blame the QB, the receiver, or both, MVS and Rodgers have no chemistry. I'm not shocked at all that Gute held for 1 year max.

47.9% completion percentage when targeted.  A 6th of his total yards for the season on one completion. Barely over 2 catches a game.

At 27 years old. If you haven't figured it out by that age in the NFL you probably won't ever. I'm just glad that the offer was so much so it can add to our comp pick equation. 

As someone said a page or so ago, Mahomes is the perfect QB for his skill set. Should be interesting to see if it works for him and I wish him the best, but it would have never come together between him and Rodgers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Whether you blame the QB, the receiver, or both, MVS and Rodgers have no chemistry. I'm not shocked at all that Gute held for 1 year max.

47.9% completion percentage when targeted.  A 6th of his total yards for the season on one completion. Barely over 2 catches a game.

At 27 years old. If you haven't figured it out by that age in the NFL you probably won't ever. I'm just glad that the offer was so much so it can add to our comp pick equation. 

As someone said a page or so ago, Mahomes is the perfect QB for his skill set. Should be interesting to see if it works for him and I wish him the best, but it would have never come together between him and Rodgers.

I noticed you didn't bother to check how many of his targets were 20 or more yards downfield. I also notice you didn't mention what completion percentage Rodgers had on throws of 20 or more yards downfield. 

Anybody can cherry pick a few numbers to make their case, but there are usually a lot of facts left out when they do so. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I noticed you didn't bother to check how many of his targets were 20 or more yards downfield. I also notice you didn't mention what completion percentage Rodgers had on throws of 20 or more yards downfield. 

Anybody can cherry pick a few numbers to make their case, but there are usually a lot of facts left out when they do so. 

Obviously his ADOT is 17.9, but no I didn't go through all 55 targets to see where each of them were.

I do know he was targeted deeper on average with better results the year before depsite 7 drops.

Looking at last season AJ Green highlights. He looks much much better than Devante Parker. He still got good speed and agility for this size. His routes looks clean but he is very much a body catcher. I am actually surprised how small his catch radius is.

Julio Jones is just a few months older. Shows more physicality and much better catch radius, Looks more dynamic between the two. Still capable catching deep balls but won't be completely open.

If I had to choose between the two. It's easily Jones, no question about it.

Jones/Cobb WR core....with 38yr old Rodgers throwing to them. Almost certainly the oldest passing attack in the NFL. How did we even get here, we should never have gotten into this situation in the first place.

10 per for MVS is gross.

Im very glad we didn’t pony up for that. We could probably pay Julio or Landry that and actually get a WR who can do more than just run fast in a straight line.

Will Fuller and TY Hilton might be had for a bargain one year deal as well.

Im actually not too worried about WR. I’m sure we will do something. 

• Like 1

Looking at the FA landscape and considering possible WR targets, in normal circumstances my no.1 target would be Beckham but the Packers do not have the luxury of committing cap space to someone who will only play half a season.  I think we can safely rule him out.

Beckham underwent ACL surgery at the end of Feb. Best case scenario is 6 months which places his return in August right before the season but most likely 8 months so he will be coming off the pup list sometime in Oct, perhaps in week 6-8  He could still play at least 9 regular season games plus playoffs.

I think the rumors of him wanting to go back to the Browns was just an effort to drive up his price. I suspect he will re-sign with the Rams and try to carry on where he left off.

Will Fuller is the only other FA I would be happy to take. I suspect he was waiting for MVS to set his market and will choose either the Browns or Packers. No way the Packers will offer him the same as to what MVS got. Cap-wise the Browns have the advantage.

Ty Hilton is finished. Landry isn't an outside WR, AJ Green isn't as good as Julio, Watkins can't run anymore, Sharpe and Tre'quan are both mediocre, Sanders is too old.

That leaves Julio Jones and Keelan Cole for us so those are the two to keep an eye on.
EDIT: How could I forget Antonio Brown! So...three options.

Of course having said all that the Packers might take a long term viewpoint and ask themselves who they can see being the Packers #1 WR for the next 2-3 years with Rodgers whilst we develop our new set of WR talents and Odell Beckham would be the obvious answer. Perhaps offer an MVS sized contract and see if he will accept?

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Looking at last season AJ Green highlights. He looks much much better than Devante Parker. He still got good speed and agility for this size. His routes looks clean but he is very much a body catcher. I am actually surprised how small his catch radius is.

Julio Jones is just a few months older. Shows more physicality and much better catch radius, Looks more dynamic between the two. Still capable catching deep balls but won't be completely open.

If I had to choose between the two. It's easily Jones, no question about it.

Jones/Cobb WR core....with 38yr old Rodgers throwing to them. Almost certainly the oldest passing attack in the NFL. How did we even get here, we should never have gotten into this situation in the first place.

Julio does look like he’s got a bit of juice left. Sign Julio and Fuller and then you might get a full season out of the two put together?