Mock Draft Simulator thread

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s my point. The tiers are who I would be happy selecting in that round. Not necessarily who will get drafted where. I wouldn’t take Dotson at #24. But I agree, he won’t be around until #56. That feels like a theme of this WR class for me. I worry need won’t match value during the first 2 days of the draft.

Re: Austin specifically - I wouldn’t take him at #56, but he won’t be there at #88. Would you take him at #56?

At 5’8”, he’d have to be a pretty big outlier to become a good player. A lot of what you said about him could have been said about Jamison Crowder. And Crowder’s about as good as it gets for 5’8” receivers over the past two decades.

To your point, the all time TD leader for NFL players 5’8” or under is Cole Beasley. Having said that, Dak could probably use another Cole Beasley who had 833 yards and 5 TDS in 2016. Calvin Austin is probably a little more athletic than Beasley just based on combine numbers, and probably a little faster than Crowder BUT he’s 23 years old. I don’t really like the idea of drafting someone at 56 who will be 27 at the end of their rookie deal. I think we could do worse than Austin though

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

To your point, the all time TD leader for NFL players 5’8” or under is Cole Beasley. Having said that, Dak could probably use another Cole Beasley who had 833 yards and 5 TDS in 2016. Calvin Austin is probably a little more athletic than Beasley just based on combine numbers, and probably a little faster than Crowder BUT he’s 23 years old. I don’t really like the idea of drafting someone at 56 who will be 27 at the end of their rookie deal. I think we could do worse than Austin though

Just wait until we draft Raimann, who will be 30 when he’s ready for contract #2.

Edited by WizardHawk

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I like Austin. I would draft him if he were available at #88 and we hadn’t picked a WR. But he won’t be on top of my board at #56.

So that’s the point I’m trying to make, and seems like you agree with Austin. There are guys at WR I would love at all spots on the first two days. But based on where they seem to fall in mocks/sims/etc, I’m worried the board will keep getting wiped out at WR.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:46 AM, WizardHawk said:

Just wait until we draft Raimann, who will be 30 when he’s ready for contract #2.

Raimann actually showed up on my latest mock... I avoided him...  so far I've done a ton of mocks and Penning has shown up on all of them as has Zion.   I am just unsure who fits better but have picked Pinning.  Linderbaum is also a common option. 

Will Dallas do trades...   I had one where I took 2 trades, trading back in the 1st both times.. leading too

33 OG K Green, 56 Edge A Ebiketie, 59 WR Pickens 106 LB Q Walker

129 DT Hinton   155 S Y Corker  167 CB Castro-Fields  -  after pick 59 most of these are guesses by need and ranking...

The latest PFF mocks have not been good for me ZERO Wr's shown up on the second.. the best being J Tolbert or K Shakir.  Not that great prospects..   as noted above with PFN Pickens seems to drop regularly to the 2nd had Dotson.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Even using him wrong, he’s going to be a stud.

I don't know much about Burks but I watched his combine workout.  Very smooth and easy.  I think he ran a 4.5 forty and it looked very calm and measured.  The term effortless comes to mind.  He's a big target which Dallas doesn't really have.

27 minutes ago, Northland said:

I don't know much about Burks but I watched his combine workout.  Very smooth and easy.  I think he ran a 4.5 forty and it looked very calm and measured.  The term effortless comes to mind.  He's a big target which Dallas doesn't really have.

There’s something a little weird about Burks’ combine 40 time. People thought he had a chance to run sub-4.4. And then he didn’t re-test at his pro day, which surprised everyone. I kind of wonder if he was nursing a small training injury.

You watch the tape, and you see a guy who gains ground on Alabama DBs in a dead sprint to the end zone. He gets up to speed very quickly, is extremely smooth with the ball in his hands, and is so powerful. He’s a bit T.O.-like in the way he moves. And he’s really only scratching the surface of how good he’ll be.

I would be ecstatic to draft him. I think he’s become sincerely underrated in this process, and will be one hell of a player in the NFL.

49 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s something a little weird about Burks’ combine 40 time. People thought he had a chance to run sub-4.4. And then he didn’t re-test at his pro day, which surprised everyone. I kind of wonder if he was nursing a small training injury.

You watch the tape, and you see a guy who gains ground on Alabama DBs in a dead sprint to the end zone. He gets up to speed very quickly, is extremely smooth with the ball in his hands, and is so powerful. He’s a bit T.O.-like in the way he moves. And he’s really only scratching the surface of how good he’ll be.

I would be ecstatic to draft him. I think he’s become sincerely underrated in this process, and will be one hell of a player in the NFL.

Before the combine he was widely considered WR1 and a top 10 pick. I do believe in the value of the combine but we might be overthinking a little on Burks

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
5 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I think Im off Burks. While I do think he can be a great player, he needs to land in the right spot. I just don’t trust Kellen Moore to use him the way he needs to be used in order to be successful at the next level.

Even using him wrong, he’s going to be a stud

Not to worry. Sean Payton will know exactly how to use him.

• Like 2