Jordan Davis

DudeWhat???

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Only a two down guy despite being fast. The Steelers should pass.

Have u seen our rushing attempt avg last season vs rb’s? Fantasy gold and a sure bet! It was like watching a 2100 yard rusher, only in reverse! The Steelers are in desperate need of a dominant 2 down player. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Have u seen our rushing attempt avg last season vs rb’s? Fantasy gold and a sure bet! It was like watching a 2100 yard rusher last season, only in reverse! The Steelers are in desperate need of a dominant 2 down player. 

Could be had later, though. Kenyon Green...that's the ticket.

Kenyon Green, the guard? I’d rather get a L or R tackle looking at our roster. Regardless we should go BPA. And, that MIGHT be this freak from Georgia that tested better than JJ Watt. But a dominant 3 to 0 technique dlineman is super rare and could A) help spell out Heyward who’s getting old. B) provides insurance against Alualu having setbacks or retiring C) helps our ILBs that suck and D) keeps Fitzpatrick from playing in the box and missing so many tackles there and E) might be able to replace/spell Tuitt who might not come back and F) protects against loudermilk not developing G) helps keep Wormley off the field on running downs and let’s him be better at what he is better at, H) might allow for more total offense picks in this draft I) might allow our D to play that 2-4(our supposed base) without a slow nose tackle or a fast but light 5 technique that cannot run defend as manning one of the dt spots etc, etc

but the Steelers need to find out and know. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw a some clips of Ernie Holmes taking on gene upshaw of the raiders during those 70s playoffs games. Crazy man FATS whupped his butt. Some even said that the 70s raiders oline was maybe the best in history. We need a 3 technique like that. It makes everything else so much easier to the other levels of the D. Goodness that 70s D was incredible. 
edit*** here is that article. 
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/steelers-film-room/2016/3/3/11151454/throwback-thursday-steelers-defensive-tackle-ernie-holmes-decimated

Jordan Davis, if I thought he could play 3 technique, might be the only player I’d consider trading up to get. His floor is an above average nose guard or 1 technique or 2 technique. This guy has only been playing football for like 6 years. Would u guys trade up for anyone? There’s another article that had statistics when JD played on 1st and 2nd downs that were pretty incredible too. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

Just now, SMashMouthMike said:

I just saw a some clips of Ernie Holmes taking on gene upshaw of the raiders during those 70s playoffs games. Crazy man FATS whupped his butt. Some even said that the 70s raiders oline was maybe the best in history. We need a 3 technique like that. It makes everything else so much easier to the other levels of the D. Goodness that 70s D was incredible. 

Jordan Davis, if I thought he could play 3 technique, might be the only player I’d consider trading up to get. His floor is an above average nose guard or 1 technique or 2 technique. This guy has only been playing football for like 6 years. Would u guys trade up for anyone?

I don’t think I’d trade up for anyone this year. Not necessarily because I don’t really like any of the early 1st guys, but because I like so many 2-5th round guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think I’d trade up for anyone this year. Not necessarily because I don’t really like any of the early 1st guys, but because I like so many 2-5th round guys.

That’s fair. Ideally I’d like to trade back and get another 3rd or 4th. And, I know Tomlin likes “versatility” and wants another shazier in the middle, but sometimes I want and need the best frickin hammer out there. We’re looking for the wrong unicorns imo, athletic safeties and ILB’s that can cover Te’s and call the plays. F all that. Or at least get the greatest 3 techniques u can on their rookie contracts. I’d worry about the back 7 after feeling or knowing the front four was set. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

36 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Crazy that many mocks have Wyatt going top 10 and Davis out of the 1st.

Saw one today that had us taking Travis Jones of UConn in the 1st.

Honestly, Travis Jones to us In the first isn't something I'd hate. I think he is going to be REALLY good. However, I think its also realistic that he's there for us in the 2nd.

44 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Crazy that many mocks have Wyatt going top 10 and Davis out of the 1st.

Saw one today that had us taking Travis Jones of UConn in the 1st.

Yeah. That UConn kid is really good. I think Travon walker is going to be a great edge guy. I’ve heard a few say devontae wyatt was the best dtackle at Georgia too. But i can’t think of another player with Davis’s high floor, and high ceiling. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

11 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

edit*** here is that article. 
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/steelers-film-room/2016/3/3/11151454/throwback-thursday-steelers-defensive-tackle-ernie-holmes-decimated

Jordan Davis, if I thought he could play 3 technique, might be the only player I’d consider trading up to get. His floor is an above average nose guard or 1 technique or 2 technique. This guy has only been playing football for like 6 years. Would u guys trade up for anyone? There’s another article that had statistics when JD played on 1st and 2nd downs that were pretty incredible too. 

Fats was the 1 tech in that defense.  Green was the 3 tech.  I would not trust Davis to play 3 tech very long.  He is going to end his rookie contract as a 2 down player.

• Like 1