2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

JC Tretter would be a huge get. I feel like between a new contract for Hunter, and possibly a restructure on Harrison and Theilen, we will have the cap needed to make some moves. Bringing in Tretter makes me feel like the offense can be set until the draft (though I would really love for Conklin to come back) and the rest of our cap and attention can be focused on defense. I think Barr would be good in the 3-4 if his contract isn’t scary, and then take some shots at CB through FA and the draft.

I wonder if KAM did not really have substantial conversations with current player agents about cap saving contract changes, prior to extending Cousins. Really things should have been lined up, to utilize actual cap space. In the meantime the good options are flying off the table, and they’ll finally have money available when the majority of good options are gone (increasing the chance of landing a JAG)

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Is there a mid price CB available that people like? Because they need a veteran CB, imo. More than anything, they need a CB that knows how to play to help whomever they draft.

I’d still bring back Peterson. He was solid, and I think he could be better in a Fangio style system that encourages takeaways. 

There’s also vets like Stephon Gilmore, Donte Jackson, Darious Williams, Steven Nelson, Jason Verrett, Chris Harris JR, Kyle Fuller, AJ Bouye, and Bryce Callahan.

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d still bring back Peterson. He was solid, and I think he could be better in a Fangio style system that encourages takeaways. 

There’s also vets like Stephon Gilmore, Donte Jackson, Darious Williams, Steven Nelson, Jason Verrett, Chris Harris JR, Kyle Fuller, AJ Bouye, and Bryce Callahan.

Donte Jackson would be my top target.

3 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Who cares? That doesn't affect the team, like at all. Be fine with Bradbury being the center again, then.

If you don't think it affects the team in any aspect, then you don't pay attention.  He's not nearly as bad as the previous guy, but still, even in the end, he's likely going to cost too much.  

47 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I wonder if KAM did not really have substantial conversations with current player agents about cap saving contract changes, prior to extending Cousins. Really things should have been lined up, to utilize actual cap space. In the meantime the good options are flying off the table, and they’ll finally have money available when the majority of good options are gone (increasing the chance of landing a JAG)

Maybe that’s the point. Are huge free agent contracts really worth it? Just don’t think it makes a ton of sense for this team, outside of adding a decent CB and some decent bodies on the DL.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Maybe that’s the point. Are huge free agent contracts really worth it? Just don’t think it makes a ton of sense for this team, outside of adding a decent CB and some decent bodies on the DL.

Then why bring back Cousins, to not go for a SB? It just seems we and taking the middle lane, of going for it…. But let’s not do anything other then bring in a young jedi HC. Bradbury is likely our starting centre.