2022 Offseason Discussion

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The best part of this whole thing is their going down there trying to get Watson’s consent to make the deal.

Get. Watson’s. Consent.

That’s some funny ish.

Insert a Family Guy cutaway of some old 1920s guys singing a song about IRONY!!!!

Edited by duke2056
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I hope we trade for Watson, I just hope we dont give away half the team to do it.

Baker, 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and 2nd next year

The 2023 1st is tricky though, cause if Watson is suspended 6, 8, 10, 12....games, that pick is gonna be easily top 10, maybe top 5.

Rather give 2024 1st, obviously Houston would prefer the 2023 1st.  

Either way, yeah, Baker aint it.  I'd personally rather trade Baker to whoever even if we dont get WAtson, suck this year, and draft another QB high next year.  

As others have said, I dont want to be a 500 team in purgatory for the next 10 years.

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

.500 purgatory is significantly better than the .250 HELL that we spent most of the last 20 years mired inside.

• Like 3

Eh, I'm really not counting on it happening.

If we do, it likely means we overpaid by a huge amount assuming what New Orleans and Carolina have supposedly offered is true. They've offered a ton, and we'd have to offer even more.

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

.500 purgatory is significantly better than the .250 HELL that we spent most of the last 20 years mired inside.

I’ve had more fun the last 2 seasons that the previous 20 years combined.

But since we haven’t gone from being a sht pile to world champs in 24 months we’re apparently stuck in purgatory with no other hope for salvation than a sexual predator.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Watson is a clear upgrade over Baker, but the alarming part to me is that this is where the nerds are choosing to stake their careers. If this gets botched, Stefanski, Berry, DePodesta, everybody are getting cleaned out. 

Tyvis Powell broke it down pretty well 

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Eh, I'm really not counting on it happening.

If we do, it likely means we overpaid by a huge amount assuming what New Orleans and Carolina have supposedly offered is true. They've offered a ton, and we'd have to offer even more.

I don’t believe we offered what was reported tbh.

I just don’t see the Texans turning down our offer or the Jets tbh.  Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t see his value being THAT high with an undetermined suspension still upcoming.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t believe we offered what was reported tbh.

I just don’t see the Texans turning down our offer or the Jets tbh.  Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t see his value being THAT high with an undetermined suspension still upcoming.

Rumor now is that Houston didn't turn down the offer, but Watson did. But now there's reports that we're meeting with him today despite him supposedly saying no to being traded here.

Long story short, I'm taking everything I hear with a grain of salt.

• Like 5