2022 Offseason Discussion

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How many of these contracts do you wish we were in on?  Some wild money being thrown around imo.

Sign Ward and and DE and I’m thrilled 

There have been some solid depth moves. It be great to see them address the OL depth a little and get a legit back up swing tackle. Hicks would have been nice and he didn’t get over paid…

seems like their could have been some decent moves…

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I am looking forward to seeing who actually stops following the team and who doesn’t if this trade goes down. It’s easy to be PC now but once the season starts it’s a different game. 

A lot of peoples morals are going to change when/if Watson is bombing passes down field to Amari Cooper on the way to the Browns being 7-2 to start the year.

I feel like a lot of people out there just want it known that they dont like the decision as some sort of morality checkbox that they can tell friends/family--but in the back of their mind selfishly really want Watson to be the Browns QB.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

I’m just not sure what some of these second-tier guys give us that we don’t already have. We certainly couldn’t get worse out of Baker next year, considering he would be healthy (in theory). Jimmy Garoppolo might be a little bit better, but he’s not good enough that I would give up huge assets for either. Just ride it out in year five, then assess. I think it’s past that point though. We showed our cards and it’s hard to walk it back now.

Edited by NateDawg

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

A lot of peoples morals are going to change when/if Watson is bombing passes down field to Amari Cooper on the way to the Browns being 7-2 to start the year.

Halftime week 1: them 22 ******* lyin.

Edited by NateDawg

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I am looking forward to seeing who actually stops following the team and who doesn’t if this trade goes down. It’s easy to be PC now but once the season starts it’s a different game. 

Already started to look at Bears gear…

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m just not sure what some of these second-tier guys give us that we don’t already have. We certainly couldn’t get worse at a Baker next year, considering he would be healthy (in theory). Jimmy Garoppolo might be a little bit better, but he’s not good enough that I would give up huge assets for either. Just write it out in year five, then assess. I think it’s past that point though. We showed our cards and it’s hard to walk it back now.

Gonna have to go hard after another QB…

I hope it’s Carr. McDaniels liked Baker coming out, so it could be a nice trade where we can match players and lesser draft capital 

If we don’t get Watson it think Malik Willis is their backup plan. Trade Baker for a third to someone then take Malik and draft receivers and d lineman in the 2nd-3rd rounds. 

Play Keenum until Malik is ready.

Like I said though if Andrew does in fact get the meeting. He’s closing the deal

Edited by brownie man