Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The personnel decisions this front office have made are probably the worst since the Shanahan era. I'm tired of these old coaches that refuse to adapt to the times. /rant

I like Rons view as a coach where coach is loyal to the players so players are loyal to the coach.

I Hate that as a GM cause its the GM job to field the best team, which sucks for us since Ron is the GM and seems way to loyal to guys.

12 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I like Rons view as a coach where coach is loyal to the players so players are loyal to the coach.

I Hate that as a GM cause its the GM job to field the best team, which sucks for us since Ron is the GM and seems way to loyal to guys.

Being loyal to bad players is why he got fired it Carolina. There has to be balance. It's also not just the players, it's his coaches as well. He refuses to acknowledge that outside of his first year, Jack Del Rio has been an utter failure at DC. Cronyism at its finest.

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Were the Shanny ones really that bad?

I had to look it up, apparently I was giving him credit for both the botched McNabb deal and Albert Haynesworth. Zorn was the coach when they signed Haynesworth, so he gets a pass there, but there is still plenty of bad roster moves from Shanny. Headlining that is not only trading for but resigning a seriously declining Donovan McNabb. 

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I had to look it up, apparently I was giving him credit for both the botched McNabb deal and Albert Haynesworth. Zorn was the coach when they signed Haynesworth, so he gets a pass there, but there is still plenty of bad roster moves from Shanny. Headlining that is not only trading for but resigning a seriously declining Donovan McNabb. 

Apparently he didn't sign off on the McNabb deal. According to Shanahan that is. He said they just did it without asking him

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

The personnel decisions this front office have made are probably the worst since the Shanahan era. I'm tired of these old coaches that refuse to adapt to the times. /rant

Meh - this is the deepest our team has been in a LONG LONG time. Their personnel decisions are like a flat "B" rating from me. You guys are being dramatic with statements such as this.... from my vantage point, Ron has given us the following:

O-LINE - over performed despite losing TWill and Sherff

WR - looks handsome

TE - looks like a deeeep group of athletes. Logan, Turner, and Bates.... 

RB - McK Brian Robinson and even AG looks nice

The only personnel decision that Ron and Cru has botched is keeping Jack Del Rio. The issue being, that JDR picked up a lot of slack when Ron had cancer and has a leash that is not dependent only on his D's performance.