Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Maybe we just negotiated this contract for the Broncos!  A reporting bonus instead of a signing bonus.

Wishful thinking, but it's the only sliver of hope I have right now. I really wanted the John Hadl/Herschel Walker bounty for GB to use.

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

For what it's worth

Hold off on the monster 200 mill deal.  McAfee has talked to Rodgers today and says this is a cap friendly deal.  McAfee says the 50 mill per year is BS and its cap friendly.  Deal hasn't been signed yet, but he's back

So.....If Rodgers did in fact ink a cap friendly deal, I will happily jump back into being a fanatic Packer fan.  If he takes a Brady type NE deal??  I'll go full Vince McMahon mode for him.

McMahon.jpg

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

$100m to Rodgers
$100m to Yoko Woodley

Since Rodgers gas been with Woodley, Rodgers has won 2 MVPs, Made playoffs multiple times, went to 2 NFC championships and ultimently committed to GB to multiple more years. The Yoko comparison is bad. She's weird as hell, but he's played well since he's been with her for the most part.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Wishful thinking, but it's the only sliver of hope I have right now. I really wanted the John Hadl/Herschel Walker bounty for GB to use.

There is no sliver of hope.  Rodgers is a Packer and will retire a Packer.  No trade in the offing.  We'll have to wait to hear the contract details.  What's been announced has been disputed so we'll see.  Glad Rodgers is back love the guy but if we can't put a team around him what's the point?   We'll see if we get any decent trade offers for Love now.  We'll need some more picks to put this team together.  Douglas will most likely be gone not sure if they will pony up for Campbell. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So.....If Rodgers did in fact ink a cap friendly deal, I will happily jump back into being a fanatic Packer fan.  If he takes a Brady type NE deal??  I'll go full Vince McMahon mode for him.

McMahon.jpg

Deal isn't signed yet, IMO, they are working on Adams with Rodgers providing some flexibility.  We'll see where it goes.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I think LaFleur and Rodgers are going to recruit a Will Fuller/Allen Robinson type on a 1 year deal to build back their value.

Big fan of Robinson but he's going to get some big bucks in FA.  Having him along with Adams in GB well that would be the best WR tandem we've had in some time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Deal isn't signed yet, IMO, they are working on Adams with Rodgers providing some flexibility.  We'll see where it goes.

If Rodgers signed a deal, they will franchise 'Vante today.  That will give them time to work out a new deal.  And that will be done after they address a few others like Jaire and Z to name a few.  We still are in need of money.

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

That's interesting.  Pretty cool if true.  Packers don't like to use the tag maybe they won't have to.  Rodgers kicks in a bit to get the deal done that would give me a warm and fuzzy.  

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

We’re probably going in as SB favorites. This had to be done. 

and if we’re not contending in a year or 2 he’ll still get traded probably 

Rodgers isn't going to get traded.  You can put that one to bed.  We will swim or sink with Aaron until he retires.