Aaron Rodgers Extended

Abe56

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

Only a fool would believe the Packers haven't been a contender, and quite often the past ~12 years. But I get it, the Bears have lived a sad reality for the last however many years, and will most likely continue to do so with the Bears owner (Aaron Rodgers) returning to the helm and with the mediocrity of Fields. 

A team that regularly makes the playoffs would be considered a contender, sure. But a team that chokes every single year in the playoffs to the point where it’s expected by fans and non fans makes them not a contender lol. The Packers choking for the last decade is one of the more significant nfl narrative memes of the last decade. Another, of course, being the bears hiring garbage HC’s who have a primary goal of beating the Packers and then getting steamrolled every year. I seem more at ease with my reality than you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Rodgers finds yet another way to be a complete turd on the contract details. He can't help himself.

It is a fact that he is accepting a reworked or extended contract and its 99% likely an extension or the math does not help as much, otherwise they could not franchise tag Davante Adams.

He is also going to be the highest paid QB (98.5% certain IMO) because his EGO is the only thing that matters to him.

The Packers and his teammates may burn like a bonfire to him but his narcissism is one of those stars that makes the sun look like a marble. 

Overthecap will have his contract soon (by the start of the league year) no matter how he lies about it.

Maybe they didn't announce details because there are no details to announce. It is possible that they may be reworking his deal and finding the numbers that work to get Adams and others under contract as well. It's amazing the affect the media plays in the opinion of a player. If Rap doesn't tweet out his false info no one complains he wants money. And of course retractions don't gain the attention of the initial report 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Maybe they didn't announce details because there are no details to announce. It is possible that they may be reworking his deal and finding the numbers that work to get Adams and others under contract as well. It's amazing the affect the media plays in the opinion of a player. If Rap doesn't tweet out his false info no one complains he wants money. And of course retractions don't gain the attention of the initial report 

"I'm excited to get a new deal done so I can stay here with my team and the fans.  We don't have a deal finalized yet so the numbers have to wait but its important to work the cap so we can get Davante to stay and shore up the team..."

That's one example of how a well adjusted person answers that question or reacts to NFL reporters breaking news. Rodgers instead lashed out like the galactic PoS that he is.

We don't pretend he is a turd He is just an actual turd.

Edited by SkippyX

Its Adam Schefter's actual job to do this. He gets paid to break news and promote the NFL. He's not attacking Rodgers by reporting news on the edge of rumor and reality. We all want it. You are on a thread about it.

Adam Schefter and 'THE MEDIA" have put money in Rodgers' pocket by being good at their jobs for 16+ years and increasing interest and attention on the NFL.

Turds like Rodgers (NFL player turds, not him specifically AFAIK used to lash out about fantasy football too)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

"I'm excited to get a new deal done so I can stay here with my team and the fans.  We don't have a deal finalized yet so the numbers have to wait but its important to work the cap so we can get Davante to stay and shore up the team..."

That's one example of how a well adjusted person answers that question or reacts to NFL reporters breaking news. Rodgers instead lashed out like the galactic PoS that he is.

We don't pretend he is a turd He is just an actual turd.

"Hey everyone, just wanted to clear some things up; YES I will be playing with the @packers next year, however, reports about me signing a contract are inaccurate, as are the supposed terms of the contract I “signed”. I’m very excited to be back 💪🏼 #year18❤️"

Exactly how is that response lashing out at anyone? Seems pretty reasonable to me and just clearing the air. I am sure he also doesn't want to specifically mention any players as it can cause issues with their negotiations as well. He may be a turd. He may not. In all reality, neither of us really know. You base your opinion on him off of tweets and media reports. I have watched him on Mcafee and he comes across as a normal guy but that could be an act for all I know. I just don't understand the vitriol over a guy you have never met and do not know. But I digress, he has done things in the past to mess with the media and this is not one of them in my opinion. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its Adam Schefter's actual job to do this. He gets paid to break news and promote the NFL. He's not attacking Rodgers by reporting news on the edge of rumor and reality. We all want it. You are on a thread about it.

Adam Schefter and 'THE MEDIA" have put money in Rodgers' pocket by being good at their jobs for 16+ years and increasing interest and attention on the NFL.

Turds like Rodgers (NFL player turds, not him specifically AFAIK used to lash out about fantasy football too)

Yes it's their job to report news. And as a journalist it's your job to verify that news is true before you report it. If it's a rumor then report it as a rumor not as a fact. That's where it causes problems. This is not just a problem in the sports media but all media. Journalistic integrity is no longer a thing and it is now more about being first. 

• Like 2

Maybe a comparison is in order.

Belichick is a gruff dude who takes no bull from people. He verbally attacks reporters who are wasting his time by REPEATEDLY asking the same stupid question that he already deflected, short answered, and told him to stop. The attack is in the form of proving his point by destroying his argument with some kind of offhand snark comment that is 100% deserved by the twerp asking stupid questions on repeat. If the same reporter the next week asked a thoughtful question that stoked BB's interest he might get a 5 minute answer.

BB had one of the greatest press conference answers in the history of mankind with "I'm not the Mona Lisa Vito of air pressure" and that was during an actual propaganda based witch hunt propped up by NFL lies and incompetence. BB was still an adult to those reporters doing their jobs.

Contrast that to Rodgers who freaks out when reporters talk about his possible contract or ask him why he lied when he clearly and obviously lied.  Rodgers now sees them as his enemy and part of the WOKE MOB! See the difference?

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Maybe a comparison is in order.

Belichick is a gruff dude who takes no bull from people. He verbally attacks reporters who are wasting his time by REPEATEDLY asking the same stupid question that he already deflected, short answered, and told him to stop. The attack is in the form of proving his point by destroying his argument with some kind of offhand snark comment that is 100% deserved by the twerp asking stupid questions on repeat. If the same reporter the next week asked a thoughtful question that stoked BB's interest he might get a 5 minute answer.

BB had one of the greatest press conference answers in the history of mankind with "I'm not the Mona Lisa Vito of air pressure" and that was during an actual propaganda based witch hunt propped up by NFL lies and incompetence. BB was still an adult to those reporters doing their jobs.

Contrast that to Rodgers who freaks out when reporters talk about his possible contract or ask him why he lied when he clearly and obviously lied.  Rodgers now sees them as his enemy and part of the WOKE MOB! See the difference?

Well you have a clear example for BB. If Rodgers so frequently freaks out on the media it should be easy to offer an example there too?

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So Rodgers is giving a big FU to the media every chance he gets? I can get on board with that.

He certainly does love to play with the media. And the media hates it. Hence the constant negative press they put out towards him. Which is apparently working for them as can be seen by the extreme hate so many people have toward a guy they have literally no connection to 

• Like 1