Aaron Rodgers Extended

Abe56

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

All you have to do is read the Packers sub forum each year when they lose in the playoffs. 

Yep - It's brutal. They all need a witch to hunt, fun to read the crazies though. Sometimes you'd think Aaron walked into their house and drank the beer in the fridge and spent the night entertaining their wives while they were out on business or something... They care about the man non-stop yet preach this 'huge ego' nonsense left and right.

Ya know when normal people care about Aaron Rodgers? ... for about 3 and a half hours on Sundays in the fall/winter.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dude is getting roasted by Eagles fans and deservedly so.

It's not a bad concept, but the Eagles are the wrong team.  People are quick to forget that about two decades ago the Packers used Matt Hasselbeck to move up from 17 to 10 and a 3rd round pick.  They whiffed on the pick, but they could use Jordan Love to move up the draft board.

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

They won’t get anything close to a Darnold return. Darnold had at least done something in the NFL. I mean he wasn’t great, but Love has done absolutely nothing, his team don’t believe in him and he played like garbage in spot duty.

I put his value at like a 5th rounder. 

Darnold was god awful his first three seasons in New York.  And he might have been worse in Carolina.  Plus, he had 2 years of team control as opposed to Love's 3.  The only thing Darnold had shown up to that point was that he was an awful QB.  If he wasn't a former #3 overall pick, he wouldn't have fetched that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Yep - It's brutal. They all need a witch to hunt, fun to read the crazies though. Sometimes you'd think Aaron walked into their house and drank the beer in the fridge and spent the night entertaining their wives while they were out on business or something... They care about the man non-stop yet preach this 'huge ego' nonsense left and right.

Ya know when normal people care about Aaron Rodgers? ... for about 3 and a half hours on Sundays in the fall/winter.

Classic post from dude posting at 5pm EST 2 pm PST about Rodgers on Tuesday March 8th.

42 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Man I'd love if that's the only time he forced his way onto the screen. If he was that type of guy he'd probably have a lot more hardware.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We're all having fun taking shots at the Packers with this news, but in all seriousness, I don't blame them for drafting Love.  If there is any team in the league who knows the value of a great QB, it's the Packers, and they were doing what they thought was necessary at the time to assure themselves that they wouldn't have a multi-year drought at the most important position on the field.  As you said, Pugger, they aren't always a home run, but doesn't mean you shouldn't step up to the plate and take a swing.

Buck.....I've not read you recently....but a moment of clarity amongst the usual chaos is always welcome :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Neither of us are contenders so this doesn’t mean much to me 

Only a fool would believe the Packers haven't been a contender, and quite often the past ~12 years. But I get it, the Bears have lived a sad reality for the last however many years, and will most likely continue to do so with the Bears owner (Aaron Rodgers) returning to the helm and with the mediocrity of Fields. 

• Like 1