Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Tim Patrick are so terrible. As are Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams.

he's going to have it so rough 

You listed five FIRMLY average NFL players. As a collective group, they may even be below average overall.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Why would I want to see anything? I couldn't care less about Denver. I thought last year that people overrated their roster by saying they were a "QB away".

The defense is talented, but you almost always experience regression and they were a top 5 defense last year. More likely to be in the 10-15 range next year than top 5 again.

I mean, do you think that a player is going to be more productive with Drew freaking Lock as your starting QB or Russell Wilson?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh right, yeah no I'm good. I remember some of you fools thinking he'd get a 2nd. LOL

The surgery changes the ground. I'd have been extremely surprised if he wasn't getting a second before that

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, do you think that a player is going to be more productive with Drew freaking Lock as your starting QB or Russell Wilson?

Prior to getting Metcalf and Lockett breaking out, check out the numbers of what are essentially the Broncos WRs rotating in and out in Seattle.

Better yet - just go compare Metcalf and Lockett to the other WRs Wilson had in Seattle.

There is no argument for Sutton/Jeudy over Lockett/Metcalf, even if you add Patrick to the mix.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

Prior to getting Metcalf and Lockett breaking out, check out the numbers of what are essentially the Broncos WRs rotating in and out in Seattle.

Better yet - just go compare Metcalf and Lockett to the other WRs Wilson had in Seattle.

There is no argument for Sutton/Jeudy over Lockett/Metcalf, even if you add Patrick to the mix.

Drew Lock= Russell Wilson. Great. Got it. 

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Damn, they could either use that 9th overall or trade it away to get a lower 1st rounder and get Malik Willis.  Start Lock next year if Willis is not ready and they would be set.

Or wait for the 2nd round get steal someone like Howell or Ridder who could easily be there in that high 2nd round pick.  

Seattle could be in great shape, especially if they get Willis and let him develop a little.

Seattle has only had 5 1st round picks in the last 9 years so rare thing for them to have. 

Considering this is happening shortly after the Combine, you'd like to think that the FO has someone(s) in mind to serve as the replacement. To your point, they may have walked away actually really liking their options in this years crop. 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Drew Lock= Russell Wilson. Great. Got it. 

Where did I say that?

If you watch Metcalf, Lockett, Jeudy and Sutton and come away thinking the latter are even in the same conversation as the former, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Your argument is solid though - it allows for any WR who plays with a bad QB to be considered among the best with absolutely zero proof that they belong in the conversation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The surgery changes the ground. I'd have been extremely surprised if he wasn't getting a second before that

Oh right I forgot about the surgery. Yeah I want no part of his current contract. Maybe like a conditional 6th LOL.

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

You listed five FIRMLY average NFL players. As a collective group, they may even be below average overall.

Williams led the nfl as a rookie in yards after contact significantly. 

below average.

before getting hurt, Sutton was posting great numbers with terrible QB play. We haven't had anything better than terrible since we drafted Jeudy. Tim Patrick has dropped 1 ball in 2 seasons. 

tell me you know nothing without telling me you know nothing.

i can go to PFR and look at stats too and be an ignoramus 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

DK Metcalf had one monster year and two good years, but nothing great.  He's got a career catch rate of 60.3%.  For comparison, his catch rate would rank 161st among all RB/WR/TE.  That's not good.  His career yards per target is 8.9, which would be T-28th.  He's a high-end #2 WR.  Tim Patrick has similar effiency only he's not force fed throws like Metcalf.  Lockett is better then Sutton.  If I were to rank the WRs, I'd rank them: Lockett, Sutton, Metcalf, Patrick, Jeudy, and then whoever WR3 is.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh right I forgot about the surgery. Yeah I want no part of his current contract. Maybe like a conditional 6th LOL.

You already offered a 4th!! No take backs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Embarrassing. 

Okay, here's the skill players I would take over Denvers group. Feel free to refute whoever you want:

Chiefs

Chargers

Rams

Niners

Seahawks

Bills

Titans

Bengals

Cowboys

Bucs

Panthers

Packers

Vikings

Steelers

And an argument could be made for the Ravens when full healthy, although that's comparable IMO. Browns are also comparable with Hunt/Chubb. Falcons with Pitts/Ridley (suspension notwithstanding). Saints with Kamara/Thomas.

That puts the Broncos anywhere between 15 and 20.

Refute away if there's one in there you don't agree with.

Wilson is NOT Peyton Manning. He's not going to turn Thomas and Sanders into....well what they became. That's not the level of QB Wilson is.