Colts trade QB Carson Wentz + 2nd to Commanders for 2nd + two 3rds

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Y'all got a great one, Washington.

I have my doubts on the validity of this report. he literally went through the exact same situation in college and was nothing but a great teammate and friend to his replacement and everyone on the team. That entire team would do anything for him to this day. I don't know how you can go from being a team first guy your entire life to what this report claims in the span of 24 months.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

See it now!

Andrew Luck shocks the world and has already had discussions in secret with the Colts FO about coming back to Indy. Unretire.

Tell me that wouldn't set the world on fire? 😎🥃

Luck is definitely done for good. He lost most of his muscle mass just like Kaepernick did in 2015. He looks like a normal average joe guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Think that's kinda the point though Forge. Why spend a 2nd or multiple picks for JG coming off surgery (even if supposedly minor) instead of going with the Wentz deal? 

Had the surgery never occured think JG would of been dealt by now instead. Lynch just isn't trying to get pennies on the dollar although that's exactly what might unfold. Or dare I suggest, he stays a Niner. 🙉😎

He has to be gone by the league year. They don't have the money. 

If Lynch hadn't gotten negotiable bites on his request for Jimmy, he'd be gone at a lower amount (or cut) by now, I'd imagine. 

So I'm not sure what Washington was not willing to wait on. It's not about medicals. It's not about waiting for the trade to go through.  The Wentz trade isn't even official until next week either. 

They just gave up two thirds and a fourth round value in second round pick swaps for a guy that's generally despised lol. I'm not sure they saved themselves a ton there. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Luck is definitely done for good. He lost most of his muscle mass just like Kaepernick did in 2015. He looks like a normal average joe guy. 

Yeah you're right, he actually looks sick or did at the National Championship Game interview with RGIII.

No idea WTF Indy is doing.

What was missing, some within the team believe, was the type of direction the Colts got from the quarterback position in recent years, namely with Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers and even Jacoby Brissett, who despite struggling late in the 2019 season remained a deeply respected voice within the locker room.

In other words, with a QB in place besides Wentz, some believe, the gutting late-season collapse the Colts suffered would have never happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I have my doubts on the validity of this report. he literally went through the exact same situation in college and was nothing but a great teammate and friend to his replacement and everyone on the team. That entire team would do anything for him to this day. I don't know how you can go from being a team first guy your entire life to what this report claims in the span of 24 months.

Money and ego. 

He was a big fish in a small wading pool in college. Easy to be cool and collected when you know your immediate future is set. 

Things haven't gone nearly as smooth in the NFL. He was once the savior of the Eagles and practically turned into an afterthought by a career backup. And Wentz likely knows how much that cost him in the longer run. 

Once he wasn't the star of the show, things went downhill. It's really not that shocking. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah you're right, he actually looks sick or did at the National Championship Game interview with RGIII.

No idea WTF Indy is doing.

Kaepernick looked the same, much skinnier and worse, the start of the 2015 season. One of the reasons I have said his “attempts” to play are a lie, to gain more popularity and money by playing a victim (lots of money in that). Fact is NFL hammered down on HGH after the 2014 season, and Kaepernick and Manning were both completely obsolete after that. But yeah, no need to get off topic. 

• Like 2

I would hope Indy doesn't go to Jimmy G now. If that was the plan they may as well stay with Wentz. Wentz can be frustrating but he isn't terrible as some like to claim. His main issue is knowing when to give up on a play. not every play is going to be that home run or even work period. jimmy is very conservative yet still has that blunder every game. i don't see the upgrade. This whole move seems driven from Irsay to me. he wasn't happy after the final game of the season and Wentz became the scapegoat. had they won against Jacksonville I doubt Wentz is traded.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Money and ego. 

He was a big fish in a small wading pool in college. Easy to be cool and collected when you know your immediate future is set. 

Things haven't gone nearly as smooth in the NFL. He was once the savior of the Eagles and practically turned into an afterthought by a career backup. And Wentz likely knows how much that cost him in the longer run. 

Once he wasn't the star of the show, things went downhill. It's really not that shocking. 

Its out of character from my point of view. I have known about him since he was just a kid. He grew up in the same town as me and then went to the same college as I did (I am older by a fair amount). Knowing who his family is I find it hard to believe they would let his ego go unchecked. And money isn't something he is unaccustomed to as his family was wealthy growing up. Not to the level he is now obviously but they didn't struggle in any manner. That's why I find these reports hard to believe. He was never an ego driven guy through college.

25 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Typically I would agree with you but being traded twice in 2 years or whatever the exact timeframe is doesn’t help his case

This could just be the owner pulling a power play because he’s upset but I feel like if Frank really wanted him to stay for another season it would happen. I think it’s a bad look for Wentz…too much smoke around the guy to not be some fire 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I would hope Indy doesn't go to Jimmy G now. If that was the plan they may as well stay with Wentz. Wentz can be frustrating but he isn't terrible as some like to claim. His main issue is knowing when to give up on a play. not every play is going to be that home run or even work period. jimmy is very conservative yet still has that blunder every game. i don't see the upgrade. This whole move seems driven from Irsay to me. he wasn't happy after the final game of the season and Wentz became the scapegoat. had they won against Jacksonville I doubt Wentz is traded.

The emphasis continues to be put on Wentz off the field / in the locker room. Jimmy is probably an upgrade there in that regard. 

41 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Dude there are tons of these reports. Where there is smoke there is fire.