Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

On 8/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, Troublez said:

I have been pleasantly surprised with Wentz' development. All of the post colts trade "intangible" knocks are non-existent here, and he seems well liked. Wentz' upside is tremendous, I am excited to watch him play this year once he gets dialed into Scott Ts system. 

As Santana said in a clip after the game last weekend, we’ve had the same questions every year since he stopped playing no matter who was QB, coach or even the team name.  Until things clear up “from above” I fear the same things are going to keep repeating themselves.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Land said:

Ya well we'll see when we're facing Jared Goff, Davis Mills, and Marcus Mariota instead of Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Tom Brady. 

Your basically admitting thier incapable of competing with Winning Teams or Good/Great Talent correct? 

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

Your basically admitting thier incapable of competing with Winning Teams or Good/Great Talent correct? 

As I stated previously, the defense has clearly not preformed well against good/great quarterbacks in recent years, but to say that it's going to be the same as before due to 2 preseason games is a bit premature. Thankfully there aren't near as many great quarterbacks on the schedule for this year, so hopefully it's not as big of a worry. If we start getting torched by guys I named earlier, well then I'll admit defeat on this one. 

6 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Brady and maholmes are once in a life time qb generational guys . How bout we wait a few games before you judge .

How about they win the Division consecutive years before I change my judgment. Some of you guys are so use to this mediocrity that you can't do anything but Hope and Wait, not I.

10 hours ago, Scott Land said:

As I stated previously, the defense has clearly not preformed well against good/great quarterbacks in recent years, but to say that it's going to be the same as before due to 2 preseason games is a bit premature. Thankfully there aren't near as many great quarterbacks on the schedule for this year, so hopefully it's not as big of a worry. If we start getting torched by guys I named earlier, well then I'll admit defeat on this one. 

How have they preformed against Divisional Opponents? 

On 8/26/2022 at 11:50 PM, DCNative said:

How have they preformed against Divisional Opponents? 

Are you talking last year or just in the last few years? I mean 2-4 with Heinicke (don't forget about Gilbert against the Eagles) at quarterback isn't bad as it could've been. Swept the Giants. They also had chances to win against the Eagles in the Gilbert game with numerous starters on both sides of the ball missing due to injury and covid. Made a comeback against the Cowboys and came up short and also got blown out in the other game against the Cowboys. 

Go back and look at the other teams and QB's they lost to, then remember how the offense played against those teams as well. Heinicke and Fitzpatrick combined for 135 yards passing against Justin Herbert and the Chargers. Also Gibson fumbled on the 5 yard line, and easy go ahead touchdown for them the next play. So that game was on the offense. Defense got shredded against Josh Allen (I'll give you that one). Heinicke threw 2 bad picks against the Saints and defense didn't play that well either. 182 yards passing against the Chiefs. Scored 10 points against the Packers. 10 points against the Broncos. 

Ya our defense that was top 5 the year before due to poor opposing quarterback play, wasn't a top 20 defense last year. But when the offense doesn't help out much, it makes a difference. 

5 hours ago, Scott Land said:

Are you talking last year or just in the last few years? I mean 2-4 with Heinicke (don't forget about Gilbert against the Eagles) at quarterback isn't bad as it could've been. Swept the Giants. They also had chances to win against the Eagles in the Gilbert game with numerous starters on both sides of the ball missing due to injury and covid. Made a comeback against the Cowboys and came up short and also got blown out in the other game against the Cowboys. 

Go back and look at the other teams and QB's they lost to, then remember how the offense played against those teams as well. Heinicke and Fitzpatrick combined for 135 yards passing against Justin Herbert and the Chargers. Also Gibson fumbled on the 5 yard line, and easy go ahead touchdown for them the next play. So that game was on the offense. Defense got shredded against Josh Allen (I'll give you that one). Heinicke threw 2 bad picks against the Saints and defense didn't play that well either. 182 yards passing against the Chiefs. Scored 10 points against the Packers. 10 points against the Broncos. 

Ya our defense that was top 5 the year before due to poor opposing quarterback play, wasn't a top 20 defense last year. But when the offense doesn't help out much, it makes a difference. 

My point being they play badly against All QB's not just Winning Teams. This Defense isn't what it was in 2020 even with added Talent. The offense has been a problem since Kirk left and than built on the Defensive side of the ball. The Defense isn't living up to it's potential. I would put more blame on the Coaches oppose to players with the way we have witness Rivera coaching style. He prefers his Friends and past players over Talent. His passion for the Military isn't transitioning this team to more Wins or Super Bowls. Him and Del Rio have a lot of Experience on the Defensive side so I expected a lot of improvement with those hires and they have failed extremely in getting production and also scheme wise for today's game. 

9 hours ago, DCNative said:

My point being they play badly against All QB's not just Winning Teams. This Defense isn't what it was in 2020 even with added Talent. The offense has been a problem since Kirk left and than built on the Defensive side of the ball. The Defense isn't living up to it's potential. I would put more blame on the Coaches oppose to players with the way we have witness Rivera coaching style. He prefers his Friends and past players over Talent. His passion for the Military isn't transitioning this team to more Wins or Super Bowls. Him and Del Rio have a lot of Experience on the Defensive side so I expected a lot of improvement with those hires and they have failed extremely in getting production and also scheme wise for today's game. 

I don't understand why fans and local media are shocked at what Rivera has done here or not done here for that matter? The guy has 3 winning seasons in 11 years as a head coach. THREE. He was never a good coach. Mediocre, yes. But good? Absolutely not. Not to mention he never ran the whole show before and even with his pretty poor coaching record we handed him the keys to the building. He's a tremendous person and his compassion for his players should be commended but this is what Rivera always has been. Without Cam being Superman Rivera probably gets fired years before in Carolina. Great man, good coordinator, bad/mediocre head coach and we're stuck with him because the Snyder's aren't going to fire him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't understand why fans and local media are shocked at what Rivera has done here or not done here for that matter? The guy has 3 winning seasons in 11 years as a head coach. THREE. He was never a good coach. Mediocre, yes. But good? Absolutely not. Not to mention he never ran the whole show before and even with his pretty poor coaching record we handed him the keys to the building. He's a tremendous person and his compassion for his players should be commended but this is what Rivera always has been. Without Cam being Superman Rivera probably gets fired years before in Carolina. Great man, good coordinator, bad/mediocre head coach and we're stuck with him because the Snyder's aren't going to fire him.

I wasn't high on the hirer but I did think he would get the team playing more consistent and playing better football. I'm more disappointed in what has happen to the Defense with Rivera and Del Rio than anything else. Carolina seemed to have a consistent good Defense with Rivera as HC. We've only experienced that with him in 2020. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:20 AM, Scott Land said:

Ya well we'll see when we're facing Jared Goff, Davis Mills, and Marcus Mariota instead of Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Tom Brady. 

Yep, that’s a key difference. Doesn’t necessarily mean our team will be that much better, but it does mean we probably will have 2 or 3 more wins.