Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I've got a feeling I'm going to not like what is said in this thread next Friday.

Well, hopefully what is said is this....

"Wow, I can't believe they were able to trade down & pick up an extra 2nd & 3rd & still land Hamilton & Lloyd for our Defense!! Then, to still get Trayvon Burks in the 2nd round is a crime. Unbelievable!! And how did we land Carson Strong in the 4th? Unbelievable!! To go into the draft with 6 total picks & come out of it with 12 is crazy. Best draft in 10 years, guys! Wow!"

or....it could be this....

"Can you believe it? Why on earth, would we trade up to #4 pick & select OT Cross!! It wasn't even our biggest need. Such a disaster! He better be Trent Williams incarnate. I'm going to go cry now! What a disaster!"

Take your pick...lol

Edited by aceinthehouse

• 2 weeks later...

I think what the message of the draft thus far has been all about Wentz. They’re actively trying to give him weaponry to succeed basically saying “Okay Carson, we had our shot at Willis or someone in the second, we didn’t take it. We are going to give you the keys, and this year is what you make of it.” Might be a little confidence booster and hell he could need it. He knows this season is for his career going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I think what the message of the draft thus far has been all about Wentz. They’re actively trying to give him weaponry to succeed basically saying “Okay Carson, we had our shot at Willis or someone in the second, we didn’t take it. We are going to give you the keys, and this year is what you make of it.” Might be a little confidence booster and hell he could need it. He knows this season is for his career going forward.

I think it’s the right move. Later on if Zappe is still available in round 6, they can take him there to develop him behind Wentz & Heinicke to maybe be our future back up.

• 2 weeks later...

AND the schedule maker has a real sense for the Ironic if we do indeed open against Jacksonville ! Wentz finishes his Colts career against them , loses and starts his Washington career against them .

Edited by RSkinGM
spelling

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

AND the schedule maker has a real sense for the Ironic is we do indeed open against Jacksonville ! Wentz finishes his Colts career against them , loses and starts his Washington career against them .

Also we play our biggest FA Loss in Brandon Scherff

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Clearly Irsay & probably to a lesser extent Ballard blamed Wentz for derailing a playoff season bc he didn’t get vaccinated & caught COVID-19. I think what they’re overlooking - which is good for the Commanders - is that the entire Colts team didn’t play well in week 17 & 18, not just Wentz.

• 2 weeks later...

Carson Wentz vs the Ravens NFL Replay on NFLN right now. 

So far the Colts are up 7-3 in the first half. Wentz did get hit from the blindside and fumbled at the LT got beat badly in the Redzone.

Final drive for the Colts with a minute in the half  Carson missed a throw he should’ve made to Pascral, two plays later Pascral dropped a pass. Then Wentz comes back and hits Pittman for a first down to put them in FG range.

10-3 Colts at the half.

In the Monday Night game at Baltimore Carson was 71%, 402 yds, 2 TDs & a 128.5 rtg.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Madden 23 has Wentz ranked #31 overall.

A 70 overall rating in Madden. 

I think he will prove to be better than that. At least I hope.

I am not a fan of Wentz, but this is so much nonsense.

Wilson sucked.  Lance is a complete unknown.  Willis is a project.  Fields stunk.  Pickett is a project.  Lawrence I like, but showed nothing last year.  Watson won't play this year, likely not even on a table.  Why on earth is Hurts so high?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am not a fan of Wentz, but this is so much nonsense.

Wilson sucked.  Lance is a complete unknown.  Willis is a project.  Fields stunk.  Pickett is a project.  Lawrence I like, but showed nothing last year.  Watson won't play this year, likely not even on a table.  Why on earth is Hurts so high?

To be fair you just listed most of the QB 17 thru 32 who suck. Hurts should be around 15-17 given his 2nd year in the same offense and the added weapons.

As for Wentz, that is a joke. He too should be lumped in with the 15-18 group. 

• Like 1