Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair you just listed most of the QB 17 thru 32 who suck. Hurts should be around 15-17 given his 2nd year in the same offense and the added weapons.

As for Wentz, that is a joke. He too should be lumped in with the 15-18 group. 

It just goes to show you how the media destroying Wentz's character & play has played an affect on people's opinions.

The dude was 27 TD's & 7 int's & didn't play his best football & gets listed as the 2nd worst NFL starter in the league.

The Colts defense was awful the last 2 games vs Raiders & Jags as well. 

Wentz even marched the Colts late in the 4th Qtr to tie the game, before their defense let the raiders march right down the score for the game winning FG.

The perception is a lie & most of us know that.

When Wentz was a rookie, he lit up the league & was on his way to NFL MVP before getting injured & was 11-1.

Half the QB's in the League have never sniffed success like that in the NFL. 

Personally, I think his low Madden rating is a reflection of their opinion of Washington as a team/organization, than Wentz as a player.

Had Denver, Seattle or Pittsburgh traded for him, instead of us? And Jim Irsay not publicly humiliated his character at every go?

I guarantee his rating would be a Madden 80 rating overall, if not higher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It just goes to show you how the media destroying Wentz's character & play has played an affect on people's opinions.

The dude was 27 TD's & 7 int's & didn't play his best football & gets listed as the 2nd worst NFL starter in the league.

Wentz even marched the Colts late in the 4th Qtr to tie the game, before their defense let the raiders march right down the score for the game winning FG.

When Wentz was a rookie, he lit up the league & was on his way to NFL MVP before getting injured & was 11-1.

Personally, I think his low Madden rating is a reflection of their opinion of Washington as a team/organization, than Wentz as a player.

Had Denver, Seattle or Pittsburgh traded for him, instead of us? And Jim Irsay not publicly humiliated his character at every go?

Honestly here’s where I’m at with Wentz. We got a starter who has talent real game winning throwing ability for a 3 and a 2 more then likely. As per the trade value chart that’s essentially two 3’s being the value of a future is a round down. And when a man has been kicked and unappreciated we should see his best version. That said Washington hasn’t really been the place to resurrect a career but narratives are only narratives until someone puts them to rest. This guy isn’t 35 year old Alex Smith coming off the best you could have ever seen from him. This isn’t McNabb and the fact he was done he was. Can he stay healthy? That’s always a concern for any player. Can he lead these men? Can he win these guys over? His game IMO isn’t the problem.

We stole a player in their prime and even if it doesn’t pan out the value of the trade is completely on our side. Yes he has a cap hit. But your going to pay 30 for a starter level that isn’t top 10. Wentz has the game to be fringe top 10. IF we get that version of him and we stay healthy this is a 12 win team this year. If he’s going to just manage games for us then we still got value. That said then you are still in the QB market moving forward unless Howell pushes him and he can. If he manages games for us then we are as good as our defense and weapons I’d say if healthy that’s in the 9- 7 win range because game flow and mistakes execution and coaching are huge to those 9 compared to 7 or less. 

All in all we will know what and where this team is headed after this year. I have doubts but I can say even after getting over confident after a lackluster division title this team showed it is capable last season. But you don’t play to be capable. Ultimately the coaching isn’t horrible. Do they maximize players? That answer is some they do some they don’t. This year we will find out what we’ve accomplished in the draft under Ron. If Chase is the leader everyone proclaimed he was last year then this year he will lead the division in sacks by more then 3. If this team is what they say each player is and they play together we will win the division. But if they are just out there playing for the name on the back like it looked like they did the first half of the season last year then we are going to be disappointed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly here’s where I’m at with Wentz. We got a starter who has talent real game winning throwing ability for a 3 and a 2 more then likely. As per the trade value chart that’s essentially two 3’s being the value of a future is a round down. And when a man has been kicked and unappreciated we should see his best version. That said Washington hasn’t really been the place to resurrect a career but narratives are only narratives until someone puts them to rest. This guy isn’t 35 year old Alex Smith coming off the best you could have ever seen from him. This isn’t McNabb and the fact he was done he was. Can he stay healthy? That’s always a concern for any player. Can he lead these men? Can he win these guys over? His game IMO isn’t the problem.

We stole a player in their prime and even if it doesn’t pan out the value of the trade is completely on our side. Yes he has a cap hit. But your going to pay 30 for a starter level that isn’t top 10. Wentz has the game to be fringe top 10. IF we get that version of him and we stay healthy this is a 12 win team this year. If he’s going to just manage games for us then we still got value. That said then you are still in the QB market moving forward unless Howell pushes him and he can. If he manages games for us then we are as good as our defense and weapons I’d say if healthy that’s in the 9- 7 win range because game flow and mistakes execution and coaching are huge to those 9 compared to 7 or less. 

All in all we will know what and where this team is headed after this year. I have doubts but I can say even after getting over confident after a lackluster division title this team showed it is capable last season. But you don’t play to be capable. Ultimately the coaching isn’t horrible. Do they maximize players? That answer is some they do some they don’t. This year we will find out what we’ve accomplished in the draft under Ron. If Chase is the leader everyone proclaimed he was last year then this year he will lead the division in sacks by more then 3. If this team is what they say each player is and they play together we will win the division. But if they are just out there playing for the name on the back like it looked like they did the first half of the season last year then we are going to be disappointed.

One good thing going into this season? We're going to learn a lot & get many answers to questions many people have after this 2022 season?

Is Ron Rivera worth keeping around after 3 seasons? 

Is Wentz better than what he's been portrayed & just a product of a QB in bad situations? Worthy of a contract extension?

Is Chase Young worth all the hype he has garnered since being drafted?

Was Jahan Dotson the right pick in the 1st round?

Does DeRon Payne get an extension? Is he worth it?

Does Terry McLaurin get an extension?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions, that could be answered & will be.

I'm excited for this season!

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He had a considerably better year than Matt Ryan !

Matt Ryan is weird. He’s been a decent QB the majority of his career who gets artificially pushed higher than he should be. He’s just Kirk Cousins really. 

• Like 1

He should be in the 15 range with Kirk. The ranking of him that low is stupid & really tells you that bad publicly does damage, as good publicly can prop you up.

Madden 23 already has QB overall's & he's a 71 overall in Madden. 31st out of 32 QB's. Only Sam Darnold is worse with a 70.

I hope he throws for 5000 yards & wins League MVP & makes EVERYBODY eat crow & look stupid.

I also hope the Colts go 3-14 & Matt Ryan stinks up the year. 

We play them this year, right? I hope we drop a 50 burger on them.

Same with the Eagles...

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 1:35 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I was at an event last night for work w/ several Philly fans. They were ripping Wentz for not having the ability to build relationships with his teammates. They compared his lockeroom issues to RG3. Said he’s quirky, weird, way too into himself and wasn’t a good teammate or supportive when he got hurt & Foles took over and the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

I said, he sounds like a Kirk Cousins type guy and they said yeah, that too in other ways.

I guess we’ll see if he can build better relationships with his teammates in Washington. If Wentz can be a better teammate and more supportive here, he will be more successful, if not, he may be one and done.