Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

On 6/15/2022 at 12:47 PM, aceinthehouse said:

He should be in the 15 range with Kirk. The ranking of him that low is stupid & really tells you that bad publicly does damage, as good publicly can prop you up.

Madden 23 already has QB overall's & he's a 71 overall in Madden. 31st out of 32 QB's. Only Sam Darnold is worse with a 70.

I hope he throws for 5000 yards & wins League MVP & makes EVERYBODY eat crow & look stupid.

I also hope the Colts go 3-14 & Matt Ryan stinks up the year. 

We play them this year, right? I hope we drop a 50 burger on them.

Same with the Eagles...

I agree definitely. Wentz, like Kirk is a top 15 ish QB. No way Wentz should be ranked at 20 or later.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

well I'm going to be he's better than 30th.

I just commented on an article in The Athletic where 3 guys did an All-NFC East draft and put together rosters solely of players from within the division.  Like the first time I’ve ever actually taken the time to comment on an Athletic article in their app. 

But I had to, because they did this whole dumb draft and Wentz was the one starting QB that none of these dopes selected. Dak? Yeah, I’m with that. Hurts? I don’t agree, but I wouldn’t clown someone for thinking the kid may yet have it in him to take a big step forward as a passer. But Daniel Jones over Carson Wentz? That’s just silly, and honestly pretty embarrassing for a professional football writer. 

We all watched Wentz in 2020. It was awful and humiliating, and we laughed and laughed as WFT fans. But outside of that season, he’s basically consistently been at least an average starting QB. Including last season, when he put up very reasonable numbers at the helm of a pretty unremarkable passing attack. He’s had 4 seasons (out of 6) that were clearly better than Jones’s best year. And just in case you’re thinking you don’t want Wentz because he isn’t a great winner, the only QBs with 20 starts in the last 3 seasons to post a worse winning percentage than Daniel Jones are the reanimated corpses of Andy Dalton and Cam Newton. 

I guess I just don’t get where all the negativity is coming from. I feel like I’m actually pretty “down” on Wentz, but you’d think I’m Larry Michael in terms of homerism compared to the general consensus out there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

But,,,he's 4 and 1 against us - should be 5-0 cept for that stupid offsides.

That really is the most remarkable thing about the guy. 

4-1 against us. 

8-24 against the rest of the league. 

He’d absolutely be out of a job if it wasn’t for us, so I guess…kudos to us for playing the long game? 😂

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, e16bball said:

I just commented on an article in The Athletic where 3 guys did an All-NFC East draft and put together rosters solely of players from within the division.  Like the first time I’ve ever actually taken the time to comment on an Athletic article in their app. 

But I had to, because they did this whole dumb draft and Wentz was the one starting QB that none of these dopes selected. Dak? Yeah, I’m with that. Hurts? I don’t agree, but I wouldn’t clown someone for thinking the kid may yet have it in him to take a big step forward as a passer. But Daniel Jones over Carson Wentz? That’s just silly, and honestly pretty embarrassing for a professional football writer. 

We all watched Wentz in 2020. It was awful and humiliating, and we laughed and laughed as WFT fans. But outside of that season, he’s basically consistently been at least an average starting QB. Including last season, when he put up very reasonable numbers at the helm of a pretty unremarkable passing attack. He’s had 4 seasons (out of 6) that were clearly better than Jones’s best year. And just in case you’re thinking you don’t want Wentz because he isn’t a great winner, the only QBs with 20 starts in the last 3 seasons to post a worse winning percentage than Daniel Jones are the reanimated corpses of Andy Dalton and Cam Newton. 

I guess I just don’t get where all the negativity is coming from. I feel like I’m actually pretty “down” on Wentz, but you’d think I’m Larry Michael in terms of homerism compared to the general consensus out there. 

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

On 6/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, RSkinGM said:

But,,,he's 4 and 1 against us - should be 5-0 cept for that stupid offsides.

I don’t really give Daniel Jones the credit for being 4-1 against us. In the last 15 years it seems like the Giants are like 25-5 against us. We give too much credit to Daniel Jones & Eli for those wins & put too much blame on our former QBs. Our TEAM just usually doesn’t show up against the Giants… pretty much historically.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t really give Daniel Jones the credit for being 4-1 against us. In the last 15 years it seems like the Giants are like 25-5 against us. We give too much credit to Daniel Jones & Eli for those wins & put too much blame on our former QBs. Our TEAM just usually doesn’t show up against the Giants… pretty much historically.

IDK Turtle, Passer rating of 100.4, 1,150 yds, 9 TDs and 3 interceptions 218 yards rushing in 5 games . You want to retract this one. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:33 AM, RSkinGM said:

IDK Turtle, Passer rating of 100.4, 1,150 yds, 9 TDs and 3 interceptions 218 yards rushing in 5 games . You want to retract this one. 

Oh, he’s played well against us, but I’d add that our D usually plays like dog 💩 vs the Giants.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting point made by Travis Rami about the Colts losing 2 overtime games, 4 games where they scored 24 points & 2 games where they scored 31 pts.

Shows how close they were to winning several more games if the D had played better in these 2 to 4 games.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That's probably not a good sign for us either. 

Not sure about that. I really think the D this year will pick up where they left off last year bc we don’t have as many changes as we did from 2020 to 2021 like last off-season. Most of our issues the 1st 6 games on D last year can be chalked up to miscommunication in the back 7 & Collins playing S rather than accepting that he’d fit better in as a Buffalo nickel/WLB/Nickle LB in today’s pass first NFL.