Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not sure there's current upside to Ryan?  He looked cooked to me last year. 

There was struggle at times. I think in a way it would be like watching a TH+ in 2022 but instead of moving like TH he moves like my grandpa. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well it is hard to argue that these other deals don't make it look like Rivera got fleeced and overpaid for a qb on top of it.  None of it will matter if he is right about Wentz, but if he is wrong....

Oh he did. Rivera following Bruce Allen is basically the only thing stopping fans from freaking out about his approach to team building. This team had a multitude of needs and we threw away draft picks and avoided free agency like the plague. If this season goes belly up he should be gone in my opinion. We still do not have a MLB lol. Unless the idea is to give Mayo a shot which I honestly wouldn’t put it past Rivera to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Well it is hard to argue that these other deals don't make it look like Rivera got fleeced and overpaid for a qb on top of it.  None of it will matter if he is right about Wentz, but if he is wrong....

I am not sure I agree. Wentz has higher upside, is younger, and is more athletic than all these other guys. Irsay is a nut job - I don't put much stock in what happened in Indy. 

As it relates to FA, I like what we are doing this year. Look at last years high profile signings.... utter ****. The depth / 2nd tier contracts are the move imo. 

The only thing I would like to see more of - is Getting McClaurin / Payne contracts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Those of you who keep telling yourself that we gave up too much in draft capital for Wentz?

Baker is on the Market & now we have this.

Jimmy g is more likely to get cut then get one second round pick, let alone two. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not sure there's current upside to Ryan?  He looked cooked to me last year. 

Arguably the worst set of weapons in the league once Ridley was sidelined. Trying to move the ball with Cordarelle Patterson and a rookie TE (no matter how good a rookie TE) is yeoman’s work. 

The Colts really should go invest in a couple passing game weapons, though. Really, they should do something like bring back TY Hilton and sign Julio Jones — probably a safe bet to get 17 total games of solid veteran play across from Pittman out of those two combined. They’re not in it for a long haul with Ryan, may as well take their best shot. Give him some receivers who can make plays along with a run game for the first time in forever, maybe he turns back the clock a bit. 

• Like 1