Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

If you're paying me a $23 million per year bag? Yeah, I'll sign in Antarctica. 

Me too. But if I was an UFA and the bidders were offering around that much (say $20m to $22m AAV) and this team was the highest bidder at $23m, I'd go elsewhere. Snyder ruins players.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Me too. But if I was an UFA and the bidders were offering around that much (say $20m to $22m AAV) and this team was the highest bidder at $23m, I'd go elsewhere. Snyder ruins players.

Depends on who is offering to pay it still as elsewhere options. The Jags? Jets? Giants? Lions? Teams to pause for.

But yes, it might make sense for Terry to test FA. We can play the tag game though. If he extends now, he can get paid again in, what, 4 years? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Depends on who is offering to pay it still as elsewhere options. The Jags? Jets? Giants? Lions? Teams to pause for.

But yes, it might make sense for Terry to test FA. We can play the tag game though. If he extends now, he can get paid again in, what, 4 years? 

True on the teams. But are we any better. We have to start realizing that this team is closer to the Lions and Jets than we are to the Patriots, etc...

As for the tag, I can't remember a time when it has worked out for us in the long run.

True on the teams. But are we any better. We have to start realizing that this team is closer to the Lions and Jets than we are to the Patriots, etc...

I agree. I just think you would pause. Roles reversed and you're on one of those teams I mentioned and it's them or Washington, you're gonna pause then too haha. 

As for the tag, I can't remember a time when it has worked out for us in the long run.

It hasn't, but it's something for Terry and his camp to consider. 

I'm assuming this is a joke...surely..lol

But I'll post it.

•  

This could just be a coincidence guys but I am at Dulles airport right now and Commanders One just landed and Dan walked down the ramp with a bottle of Chivas Regal smoking a stogey with someone that looked surprisingly similar to DeShaun Watson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm assuming this is a joke...surely..lol

But I'll post it.

•  

This could just be a coincidence guys but I am at Dulles airport right now and Commanders One just landed and Dan walked down the ramp with a bottle of Chivas Regal smoking a stogey with someone that looked surprisingly similar to DeShaun Watson.

😂 Gotta be a joke.

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

its hilarious how hard it is for this team to sign someone. 

When you do not treat players right, such as promising them that they won’t be cut, or asking for a deeper pay cut after already negotiating another pay cut, it does make it harder for you to be an attractive place for veteran players.  

• Like 2