Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s running out of things to try.  

It's been 20+ years. That is a lesson Snyder will never learn. The only lesson he learns is that he didn't get the right guy to do the "we're not rebuilding, we're winning now" strategy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So I saw that report, but it came after Reich and Ballard tried to argue to keep him. Irsay said no and Reich was apologizing for it not working out. 

I agree and that is why I want to know if Rivera actually spoke with Reich.  If he didn't it would be a huge mistake.  If he did, maybe Reich explained there were other factors and supported Wentz.  But I sure hope this obvious vetting step wasn't skipped.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Tom Brady back to the Bucs.

No inside info, but what I can only assume happened is that TB really wanted to get Carson Wentz, and when that didn’t work out, they had to pivot to Plan B. 

yeah pal Tom Brady was plan B after Wentz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

I agree and that is why I want to know if Rivera actually spoke with Reich.  If he didn't it would be a huge mistake.  If he did, maybe Reich explained there were other factors and supported Wentz.  But I sure hope this obvious vetting step wasn't skipped.

So if you're buying a diamond, you really expect the owner to go " it's very good , but here's the magnifier, look at these flaws " 

I love the optimism some of you have spinning this trade.   I do same at times.   I did it in 2019 for Bears thinking in offseason they could contend (until I went to camp).   It is no fun to be angry all the time, so I put on rose colored glasses and spin things even to myself.   

But, I still can't believe the Wentz trade. 

Ballard and co. were looking at getting fired after Philly fleeced them.   Owner was not happy.  They apologized for the signing.   Apologized!  And you bailed them out?  

Then Washington gives them a beneficial trade and Indy squeezed them for more and got it?

Madness.  

Why make a trade at all?   Wentz would likely be there and go to highest bidder after released.  I get the thought that you are afraid he would refuse to go to Wash. on open market - but he isn't getting that contract on open market.  So if you were willing to pay it, which you did, he would come.   

Watson and Garoppolo still have to be moved.   I get it if they cost too much in assets.  That is different argument - leave them aside.  But I am guessing mood is a lot different overall in this thread if they pulled off a trade for Watson that was similar to Wilson deal.  

But Wentz on paper is a stop gap until you find the rookie you like.   Why pay so much and give up valuable draft assets?  Again even if you love Wentz, I think it was Indy who was desperate to escape the contract and the Commanders (LOL that name) acted like the desperate one.   If you were willing to take his salary you probably could have given like 5th or 6th or something.  

It was like Bears going after Foles.  Jaguars were desperate to get rid of him and we gave them a 4th?   That was really stupid.  But this is insane because of the compensation

Why not Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Jordan Love, Gardner Minshew or Mitchell Trubisky?

Rivera obviously made the mover for Wentz to ostensibly win enough to save his job.   That is both a stupid gamble and it hurts the team long term.

Bears are a terrible org., terrible, but I am still happy they aren't owned and run by Snyder.  

I would be furious were I a Commander fan and I know some of you are.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I love the optimism some of you have spinning this trade.   I do same at times.   I did it in 2019 for Bears thinking in offseason they could contend (until I went to camp).   It is no fun to be angry all the time, so I put on rose colored glasses and spin things even to myself.   

But, I still can't believe the Wentz trade. 

Ballard and co. were looking at getting fired after Philly fleeced them.   Owner was not happy.  They apologized for the signing.   Apologized!  And you bailed them out?  

Then Washington gives them a beneficial trade and Indy squeezed them for more and got it?

Madness.  

Why make a trade at all?   Wentz would likely be there and go to highest bidder after released.  I get the thought that you are afraid he would refuse to go to Wash. on open market - but he isn't getting that contract on open market.  So if you were willing to pay it, which you did, he would come.   

Watson and Garoppolo still have to be moved.   I get it if they cost too much in assets.  That is different argument - leave them aside.  But I am guessing mood is a lot different overall in this thread if they pulled off a trade for Watson that was similar to Wilson deal.  

But Wentz on paper is a stop gap until you find the rookie you like.   Why pay so much and give up valuable draft assets?  Again even if you love Wentz, I think it was Indy who was desperate to escape the contract and the Commanders (LOL that name) acted like the desperate one.   If you were willing to take his salary you probably could have given like 5th or 6th or something.  

It was like Bears going after Foles.  Jaguars were desperate to get rid of him and we gave them a 4th?   That was really stupid.  But this is insane because of the compensation

Why not Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Jordan Love, Gardner Minshew or Mitchell Trubisky?

Rivera obviously made the mover for Wentz to ostensibly win enough to save his job.   That is both a stupid gamble and it hurts the team long term.

Bears are a terrible org., terrible, but I am still happy they aren't owned and run by Snyder.  

I would be furious were I a Commander fan and I know some of you are.  

You’ll catch flak for this but you’re correct. It’s an awful trade. 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

So if you're buying a diamond, you really expect the owner to go " it's very good , but here's the magnifier, look at these flaws " 

These coaches all know each other and Rivera should have at least asked the pointed question.  Maybe he only got a canned marketing speak answer, but you still have to ask the question.

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

These coaches all know each other and Rivera should have at least asked the pointed question.  Maybe he only got a canned marketing speak answer, but you still have to ask the question.

By all means, despite having ZERO evidence of him being a locker room cancer, and being presented with evidence he was respected and liked by his teammates, stick to your false narrative as if it is factual.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You’ll catch flak for this but you’re correct. It’s an awful trade. 

You have until Wednesday to get to the point where you won't tolerate a fan from another (really lousy) team coming here and talking crap about our QB and coach.

Edited by MacDog

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What?

Have your fan card ready to be processed appropriately.

I am sure the Bears forum will welcome you with open arms. All 3 of them.

Translation: "Is you, or is you aint a WFT fan?"😅

Edited by MacDog

Just now, MacDog said:

Have your fan card ready to be processed appropriately.

I am sure the Bears forum will welcome you with open arms.

Translation: "Is you, or is you aint a WFT fan?"😅

You've been here for a month. I've been on the boards 10+ years. We don't do the "are you a real fan" thing here. 

• Like 2