Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

Pitt just signed Trubisky.

Can you imagine the dullness around here, had we signed him?

It would be Rex Grossman all over again.

So glad we traded for Wentz.

If he signed with Pitt, we weren't getting him. He wasn't picking us over them. 

Good post I saw earlier

•  
  3 hours ago, Alexa said:

I just can't get past the fact that two teams turned their back on the guy.  Yet he supposed to come here and Scott Turner and Zamese are going to get this guy right? I just don't understand why anyone can defend that. 

It is fair to say that eagles dumped him due to his poor performance and large contract. 

However, what Colts have done is totally bizarre.  Colts started the year with 0-3 when Wentz had no preseason and injured.  When Wentz finally settled down, they had a run of 9-3 with two losses being OT and another loss to Brady/Bucs.  Then, Wentz got COVID and Colts lost last two games.  If you look objectively, Wentz had a pretty decent year and any reasonable GM/Coach would not have gotten rid of him.   Of course, when Isray hates you, you are gone no matter what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He's coming off of a major injury.  Also he turns the ball over a lot.  

He's washed up. 

Meh, never saw it with this guy. 

Looked awful last year tbh. 

He's on a division rival roster.  

Why?  I mean Carson Wentz's "down year" last year is way better than anything this guy has ever done. 

The honest truth is Carson Wentz is better than all of these options. 

Yes, I agree, but price matters.   

I would love Wentz to succeed.   From what I know of him, I like him personally.   And I don't like to see same teams down for a long time.  

Ditka was kind of an idiot, but he said something that made sense to me after he retired.  He said the most important lesson he learned was don't take guys other guys are trying to get rid of and don't want.   There is usually a good reason.

Philly wanted him gone and so did Indy.   After just one year.

But he is still a good talent and he is smart.   I believe he was valedictorian of his school.   

I just think Ballard had to make that deal, so you could have made a better one that's all.

But I am out since people are upset and good luck.    Didn't mean to invade the forum.  Just procrastinating at work mainly.

@macdog you probably wouldn't get many arguments from people there that Bears org. is bad.  Certainly none from me.   It objectively is or has been since 80s.    Bottom 10 org. for sure. 

Been getting whooped by GB for better part of 2 decades now.   Hasn't been fun, but it is what it is.

Maybe Poles can do some good things, we'll see.   Guessing we will be las tin NFCN in 2022 in a rebuild.

Later

2 hours ago, MacDog said:

By all means, despite having ZERO evidence of him being a locker room cancer, and being presented with evidence he was respected and liked by his teammates, stick to your false narrative as if it is factual.

And there are reports out about the coach apologizing to the owner about staking his reputation on Wentz.  

There are going to be stories on both sides of this.  But Wentz has the history of having issues with two different teams.  What makes you think things here in Washington will be any different………..especially with evidence of that not being the case for so many players and coaches before him?  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And there are reports out about the coach apologizing to the owner about staking his reputation on Wentz.  

There are going to be stories on both sides of this.  But Wentz has the history of having issues with two different teams.  What makes you think things here in Washington will be any different………..especially with evidence of that not being the case for so many players and coaches before him?  

I completely agree that the reports of his locker room issues are concerning, but he also has to be worried about his reputation and being dumped two years in a row. I would imagine he'd be on his best behavior this season because his livelihood is on the line. And if we bail him out and salvage his career he'd be indebted to us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacDog said:

You seriously detected no joking or humor in that and view it as me trying to throw people out like a bouncer? ok.

I guess notify the mods to deal with me.

You know what, i am in a good mood, so I will refrain from joking around with the grumpy haters lest I spoil their fun of raining on every parade.

Maybe I will head to the Bears forum to talk about their lousy team. Do you think they will bend over backwards to welcome me there?

sad.

Humor is often difficult to detect via text on mediums like this, so as one of the mods I appreciate you clarifying that.  

However, please be aware that this group has been together for a long-time.  Even being here for four years (I think?) I am a relative newcomer.  In any group, you have optimistic and pessimistic fans.  It is easy to be pessimistic right now when it seems nothing works, and we are spinning our wheels as a franchise.  The lack of winning seasons over the past 30 years indicates just how real that is, and it runs deep for some people.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Troublez said:

@MacDog is a breath of fresh air! Love his posts! 

I've never once questioned anybody on this board if they're genuinely a fan of the team because they disliked a move or many moves the team has made. Its stupid. 

Honestly my initial reaction at this move was anger. Only because I assumed we gave up a first or even multiple seconds. Once I found out that we essentially only gave up 2 3rds.... still a tad disappointed. But after letting the move sink in, the guy is not old, he has potential, this move at the least makes this upcoming season 10x more exciting than the previous when our QBs were Fitz and Heinicke. Let's see what Wentz does here before we judge too much. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I completely agree that the reports of his locker room issues are concerning, but he also has to be worried about his reputation and being dumped two years in a row. I would imagine he'd be on his best behavior this season because his livelihood is on the line. And if we bail him out and salvage his career he'd be indebted to us. 

Hopefully that is true.  You would think he would be humbled a bit after Philly, but I also have no delusions that he views his livelihood at stake.  He’s made generational wealth as it is.  

16 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Honestly my initial reaction at this move was anger. Only because I assumed we gave up a first or even multiple seconds. Once I found out that we essentially only gave up 2 3rds.... still a tad disappointed. But after letting the move sink in, the guy is not old, he has potential, this move at the least makes this upcoming season 10x more exciting than the previous when our QBs were Fitz and Heinicke. Let's see what Wentz does here before we judge too much. 

Couldn't have said it better myself, umbaugh.

The negative Nancy's are like " OMG... What are we doing.....we traded a couple 3rds....now we won't draft Furnando valenzuela from Montana ST. I had him pegged as a 3rd rounder"

Or "OMG....we could have traded for Garapolo...he's the guy to get us all the way...even though he had shoulder surgery & his arm is probably mashed potatoes"

or "OMG...We lost out on Russell Wilson, now we suck. Why didn't we beat Denver's offer & trade them 3-1sts, Payne, Sweat, Young & McLaurin? I know we would have won it all, even though Wilson looked like Joe Namath after dbl knee surgery"

What they don't realize is....

1) We can recoup all we gave up for Wentz in 1 trade down in the 1st.

2) If Wentz sucks like McNabb did when he was here? We can cut him next season & no cap hit. Get all that cap space back.

3) We could strike it lucky? While teams are trading their 1st born son for a QB, we're getting a QB with the same talent level as them at the dollar bin at your local thrift store in comparison.

4) Who doesn't like a good story? What better than the QB the Eagles drafted & had to help lead them to their 1st SB ever, comes to Washington & ressurects his career for multiple championships.

5) The dude is only 29 yrs old. If he finds himself again & clicks with this team? He could play here for longer than he was with the eagles & colts combined. He could be the 1st Commander in the ring of Fame.

Let's give the guy a chance, people.

At least 1 season. Let's see what he does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I've never once questioned anybody on this board if they're genuinely a fan of the team because they disliked a move or many moves the team has made. Its stupid. 

He was being funny, its a trait we could see more of on this forum! 

Edited: Just read the above post, which was also indeed funny!

Edited by Troublez

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I doubt this...a lot.

I believe Wentz is better than TH in hitting receivers where they need to get the ball on routes TH struggled with. 

Now, all he has to do is eliminate the stoopid (which TH has a problem with as well).

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I doubt this...a lot.

I believe Wentz is better than TH in hitting receivers where they need to get the ball on routes TH struggled with. 

Now, all he has to do is eliminate the stoopid (which TH has a problem with as well).

I think the turnovers might not change much or very little from our QB position.

But the one thing that will, that media Pundits, opposing fans & even our own refuse to consider?

Will be the long ball. Big plays...

This will allow us to spread the field, thus improve our running game by default.

Why does this even matter? Why would that be important you ask?

It will allow us to play with the lead. Not always have to play catch-up every damn game. 

If we're playing with a lead, this will allow our Defense to pin their ears back & go after the QB.

I already got Sweat & Chase with 30 sacks combined already this coming season. I just haven't made a thread about it yet.