Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Mayfield was hurt the whole season though. 

He’s still limited physically like Heinicke. I don’t see one too much better than the other.

as a matter of fact I probably would of taken Mariotta, jaemis, or Trubisky in FA over mayfield.

not saying Mayfield is a bad QB but I’m honestly not a fan of his…. You ever meet someone that you really just don’t like? That’s how I feel about mayfield. I get a “I’m center of attention” vibe from him

I really hope this guy works out and the trade seems a lot better today than when it happened. Still think he was going to be released and you could have paid no compensation above his insane contract and he would have signed. He seems like a nice guy but his bad plays are so bad they remind me of these

DaGe4rtVQAESQFP.jpg

I definitely consider Baker to be more comparable to Wentz than Heinicke. Baker with one arm and one leg was similar to Heinicke last season. He has a substantially better arm and has actually been excellent in his NFL career. 

The problem with Baker is that you have (at most) one season to decide what to do with him long-term. If he plays great, which he’s done before, you have to lock in to a mega-contract or risk losing him. Or you could play the franchise tag game with him, but we’ve already seen how that goes. No thank you.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

I watched his press conference, read every report out there, watched some old film - I am genuinely excited that we have him at QB. We still have significant opportunity to improve our team through FA and Draft.

I think Wentz can play better then he has the last two years. He needs to be more consistent in the short to intermediate range. If he does that, he’ll really thrive for us. Chris Ballard said Wentz needs to hit more of the layups, if he can do that, then he’ll be really good for us.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

“We loved him so much we decided to have no QB at all rather than continue starting him” 

On the flip side, owners make crazy decisions despite what anyone else at the Front Office wants to do.

The fact that Snyder was the one to draft Haskins is proof of this.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

On the flip side, owners make crazy decisions despite what anyone else at the Front Office wants to do.

The fact that Snyder was the one to draft Haskins is proof of this.

I agree. However, Ballard basically ripped Wentz at the combine. Irsay might be the main culprit but the Colts as an organization were clearly done with him. Look, I hope this thing works out. I’d love nothing more than to not have to worry about the QB position for the next 5-7 years but good QBs don’t just get dumped by multiple franchises in back to back years. Especially one that didn’t have a replacement. It’s a gigantic red flag 

That’s also why I said in this draft they need to target offensive firepower. London/Olave/Wilson/Burks/Jameson Williams and Trey McBride. Surround him with as many weapons as possible and just let him sling it. 

• Like 1