2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

I just dont the 49ers drafting a center to start from day 1. And truly the only guy I think can start from day 1 is Linderbaum I expect him to be long gone before we even get a chance to draft him. So hiding Macks's retirement would be pointless unless there's a trade option we just dont know about come draft day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just dont the 49ers drafting a center to start from day 1. And truly the only guy I think can start from day 1 is Linderbaum I expect him to be long gone before we even get a chance to draft him. So hiding Macks's retirement would be pointless unless there's a trade option we just dont know about come draft day. 

Yeah I am trying to think of who at Center we could be looking at in a trade...

Maybe Mack is actually still deciding. I’m sure that our FO asked him to let them know by the draft, but we aren’t there yet. There is no question we need to have a succession plan anyway, so I’m not surprised in the least that we are doing our homework on centers. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I think that you definitely will get a lot of writers who advocate to go back to Jimmy if Lance struggles out of the gate. The fans will be brutal. It could spill over into the locker room, but it may not. 

Keeping the vet after the keys are given over to the young guy isn't unprecedented (The Bengals did it with Kitna / Palmer I'm pretty sure, and I'm like 100% positive that the Titans did it with Hasselbeck and Locker), but I think it becomes a little more murky when the incumbent QB is not just a bridge guy but rather a competent / average starting NFL QB. If you're losing games and you know Jimmy can win games, the vets may not just sit on their thoughts. Winning cures a lot ills. 

I guess it depends on the writer. I could see a talking head at ESPN be for it, not a respected local guys though ie Barrows, Maiocco etc. ESPN is about the last place I go to for information nowadays though. 

As far as the fans go, I don't doubt twitter will be a cesspool but it always is a cesspool. This should be twitters themesong...

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

Says a lot about Jennings if this is true, I don't remember hearing this about Bourne at any point.

What kind of money would Jennings be looking at?

Watching the interview where Shanahan talked about Jennings (on 49ers.com for those interested) it sounded like he wanted to see how Jennings showed up to camp before moving on an extension. That's just my interpretation though, so take it for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Says a lot about Jennings if this is true, I don't remember hearing this about Bourne at any point.

What kind of money would Jennings be looking at?

IMO $5M a yr is fair for a 3rd WR like JJ, he won't hit UFA till 2025, so he may take the $5M a year, through 2024 or 2025, if it's considered an extension on top of the ERFA tender he's yet to sign.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if the team thought hard about putting Banks in last season, it would have been for Brunskill obviously. Since it looks like a lock that Banks will be the starting LG, will it be a three way competition at RG between Brunskill/Moore/McKivitz? Will the team draft another guard for added competition? 

I think it was for brunskill to play RT and for banks to slide in at RG

30 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Do you think Lenoir is 4th or is that reserved for a draft pick?

I'd put Lenoir 4th for now, I hope he can get the backup Slot job if Moseley is the one who gets it, a rookie I think will need to take time like Ambry did.

After the Antonio Brown debacle & that head slap he gave a DB, I'm not incredibly shocked they are having Arians step down.. more surprised it took this long. Gotta make you think Tommy boy played a part in this
Edited by adamq
  • Like 3