2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Is he moving to TE? 

He's too slow to play WR in the NFL. 

I hated him as a prospect 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll pass. Didn't like him as a prospect and with one year left on his rookie deal, there's no reason to make that trade. 

I think he's been used extremely poorly in the NFL personally. He did have a little YAC ability in college, but his game was clearly built around making contested catches down the field. New England has just refused to give up on this idea he can be a Deebo Samuel type of player. 

I do remember Lynch or Shanny being really high on him his draft year, which is funny because we ended up coming out with Deebo. 

LIS I wouldn't trade for him at this point, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for camp just to see if Shanny can scheme something up for him. If not then we aren't out anything. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

Is he moving to TE? 

He's too slow to play WR in the NFL. 

I hated him as a prospect 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll pass. Didn't like him as a prospect and with one year left on his rookie deal, there's no reason to make that trade. 

So much hate lol

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think he's been used extremely poorly in the NFL personally. He did have a little YAC ability in college, but his game was clearly built around making contested catches down the field. New England has just refused to give up on this idea he can be a Deebo Samuel type of player. 

I do remember Lynch or Shanny being really high on him his draft year, which is funny because we ended up coming out with Deebo. 

LIS I wouldn't trade for him at this point, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for camp just to see if Shanny can scheme something up for him. If not then we aren't out anything. 

I'd rather see him as a big slot and zone sitter at this point. Not sure why New England did try to play him more there, but oh well. There's a chance he could revive his career with a guy like Zach Wilson who is comfortable throwing 50/50 balls downfield, but he's not that guy who is winning anywhere else on the outside like that. He'd need someone like Rodgers just constantly throwing back shoulder sideline throws and stuff like that.

He and Jennings probably overlap in their role in this offense, but I'm not 100% all in on Jennings either, so I don't have any real issue with signing him after being cut. 

Contested catch guys always make me nervous in the NFL draft. That's why I said a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't take London anywhere near the top 10. I mean, if that contested catch ability doesn't translate (and I know of no way to guess how that will happen), they are borderline useless unless they can move somewhere else. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GW21 said:

New England has just refused to give up on this idea he can be a Deebo Samuel type of player. 

Im sorry, but I see this phrase thrown around waaaay too frequently and I think it's a pretty terrible comparison ~99% of the time.

In no way are these two guys remotely comparable, and in no way do the pats try and use Harry "like deebo". So, I am not really sure what you mean here when you say this.  

The pats arent "using" harry incorrectly, it's just that he is a very limited player who will require a QB to feed him jump balls constantly because he can't separate. He looks like he is running in mud most of the time. He doesnt have a diverse route tree, is not technical, and is slow. Really terrible combination all around. 

I really dont think he is worth a roster spot to be honest. I dont even want us to sign him if he is cut. No ST value and he would be WR5 or 6 at best, and those kinds of guys need to either have massive upside or play STs 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Im sorry, but I see this phrase thrown around waaaay too frequently and I think it's a pretty terrible comparison ~99% of the time.

In no way are these two guys remotely comparable, and in no way do the pats try and use Harry "like deebo". So, I am not really sure what you mean here when you say this.  

The pats arent "using" harry incorrectly, it's just that he is a very limited player who will require a QB to feed him jump balls constantly because he can't separate. He looks like he is running in mud most of the time. He doesnt have a diverse route tree, is not technical, and is slow. Really terrible combination all around. 

I really dont think he is worth a roster spot to be honest. I dont even want us to sign him if he is cut. No ST value and he would be WR5 or 6 at best, and those kinds of guys need to either have massive upside or play STs 

Have you watched him play at all with the Pats? They fed him passes continuously like 5 yards down field and tried to have him make his money after the catch much like Deebo does a lot of the time - I'm not saying he is Deebo, I'm saying that is something that Deebo excels at and the Pats were trying to pigeonhole Harry into that role. Harry would be far more productive catching passes down the field being able to use his body to make contested catches. 

No one is saying Harry is Deebo or even similar. I'm not really sure why you went there with it. I think Harry could be a good role player if a team would throw him the ball down the field and I definitely would kick the tires on him. 

• Like 1

Harry was never a fit for McDaniels offense. Square peg, round hole. Shanny could definitely get more production out him. Just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. Jennings is basically what Harry would be if he was a Niner.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Harry was never a fit for McDaniels offense. Square peg, round hole. Shanny could definitely get more production out him. Just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. Jennings is basically what Harry would be if he was a Niner.

If he's cut I'm willing to bring him in for depth purposes that's about it. 

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, what will he give us that Jennings can't?

He's not very good man, we can do better. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

What happened to Trai Turner? Did he just fall off a cliff after leaving CAR? I just saw he was a FA today. 

Pretty much. I think injuries just sapped him

• Like 3