2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hmmmmm....I wonder how much of this is posturing? I will not be surprised when/if 1+ of these are moved during the Draft. 

I look at Deebo's performance in '21 as an aberration: I don't believe it will happen again. I think much of it came about due to 3 things: Jimmy G's weak arm/reluctance to go deep, RB injuries and Deebo's uncommon resilience (which is the one thing I hope will continue!). 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lombardi kind of indicated that he thought it was more likely that Mack was coming back, but I'm starting to wonder. 

I tried to tell you guys man....Something seemed off the entire time. Not saying he won't be coming back but no way did I take it as a forgone conclusion that he would return....Tretter time???

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I tried to tell you guys man....Something seemed off the entire time. Not saying he won't be coming back but no way did I take it as a forgone conclusion that he would return....Tretter time???

That would be my preference. The idea of running with a rookie center in a complex system where the center also has control over protections could be really bad lol. 

• Like 1

That would be my preference. The idea of running with a rookie center in a complex system where the center also has control over protections could be really bad lol. 

This OL just has far too many questions going forward and I hate it lol. But I'm guessing they draft a few OL in this draft. Either Moore or Banks is going to need to turn out legit for this line to function going forward. 

I still have not been able to get into this draft lol...Now with the Warriors back in the playoffs, they have my full attention. Better start watching prospects ASAP! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Too bad we are cap strapped to sign Tretter lol...

but honestly I do wonder why he is still available? guess he's waiting till after the draft?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ive been saying it as well. Until he officially announces he is returning, I am going to assume he is retiring. 

The 49ers ignoring the offensive line in FA going to bite them in the *** if Mack retires. I can't expect any player we draft at 61 to start week 1. Banks is basically a rookie, idk what to think of Moore either.

Offensive line might look like this with Mack gone: 

LT Trent Williams

LG Aaron Banks

C Brunskill/Brendal/Rookie

RG Jaylon Moore/Brunskill/Rookie

RT McGlinchey/Moore/Brunskill/Rookie

Edited by 49erurtaza

44 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just have a feeling the 49ers are going to reach and draft cam Jurgens at 61 lol

Not sure that's a reach at this point. I saw a mock that had him go 33. I know I was listening to something that said he was close to a top 50 guy. His board seems to be 2/3, so taking him at 61 would make sense because that's a long way to go until 93. 

Wouldn't be my favorite pick, but I won't be upset if they take him there

• Like 1

Not sure that's a reach at this point. I saw a mock that had him go 33. I know I was listening to something that said he was close to a top 50 guy. His board seems to be 2/3, so taking him at 61 would make sense because that's a long way to go until 93. 

Wouldn't be my favorite pick, but I won't be upset if they take him there

33? Lol wow! Yeah same, I wouldn't be upset. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Schefter has absolute NO shame at all. My goodness is he a sucker and *** kisser for organizations.

Jeez Schefter gives zero f's lol...just like him breaking the Brady news. I don't care for him every sense he left NFLN. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Schefter has absolute NO shame at all. My goodness is he a sucker and *** kisser for organizations.

I mean, it kind of makes sense. He may want to wait until AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin get paid so he has additional leverage to get even more.