2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, N4L said:

Unless they photoshopped it, that was his brothers IG

I know, just saying, I don't buy this BS from Schefter, from Deebo's brother, the original Facebook post was 3 days ago, had like laughing emojis, so idk if he's serious or not, makes no sense that he would want out.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, because he's always hurt. But this team needs someone that can come in and be a 1 or 2 because you 100% can't have that be Jennings. Julio (besides Beckham, who may not be able to play) is the only guy available in free agency who can do that. It's him and Landry at the top of that scrap heap. Even if you go and make sure you get your Deebo replacement in the draft (I think that would have to be Burks, but not sure if @JIllg would agree with that or not), you need a little bit of a buffer (especially if it's Burks because of how raw he is) 

I’m not sure that you do replace Deebo in this draft. Burks is a good comp. He’s absolutely crazy after the catch. That’s his calling card. And he looked faster on tape than he tested on vertical routes, but had some weight problems prior to the combine. That’s very Deebo, too. But Deebo was right at the 7 three cone that we like to do for agility. He was the best player in college football per route at running slants, which we love to do all of the time. That’s how he made his YAC. Plus, Deebo worked for us at the Senior Bowl and cooked people running routes. Burks made his YAC hay running screens. He didn’t show much route running at the college level. And if anyone can turn that into something it’s Shanahan.

But I think we’d rather have Skyy Moore, who was a YAC gangster in his own right and did it with a way more slant heavy diet. Moore is also built like Deebo - compact, shifty, but better in the air than he should be for his size. I also think an equally likely fallback plan may be that we just shift Aiyuk into Deebo’s role - he was a nasty slant and YAC guy in his own right and his current role arguably isn’t the best use of his skill set. In that case, I think we’d get the true vertical take the top defense guy to pair with our now strong armed QB. Christian Watson and Calvin Austin III make a lot of sense for me for this role. True crazy vertical speed, the twitchy fluidity for running slants, and both are YAC gangsters and punt return left types if you scheme up weird stuff for them. 

Edited by JIllg
All the words
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I’m not sure that you do replace Deebo in this draft. Burks is a good comp. He’s absolutely crazy after the catch. That’s his calling card. And he looked faster on tape than he tested on vertical routes, but had some weight problems prior to the combine. That’s very Deebo, too. But Deebo was right at the 7 three cone that we like to do for agility. He was the best player in college football per route at running slants, which we love to do all of the time. That’s how he made his YAC. Plus, Deebo worked for us at the Senior Bowl and cooked people running routes. Burks made his YAC hay running screens. He didn’t show much route running at the college level. And if anyone can turn that into something it’s Shanahan.

But I think we’d rather have Skyy Moore, who was a YAC gangster in his own right and did it with a way more slant heavy diet. Moore is also built like Deebo - compact, shifty, but better in the air than he should be for his size. I also think an equally likely fallback plan may be that we just shift Aiyuk into Deebo’s role - he was a nasty slant and YAC guy in his own right and his current role arguably isn’t the best use of his skill set. In that case, I think we’d get the true vertical take the top defense guy to pair with our now strong armed QB. Christian Watson and Calvin Austin III make a lot of sense for me for this role. True crazy vertical speed, the twitchy fluidity for running slants, and both are YAC gangsters and punt return left types if you scheme up weird stuff for them. 

Those were the two John Chapman mentioned and the two that I co-signed on LOL

I love Moore's hands. Think we need to put an emphasis on that with Lance for the time being.

Those would be the two that I think would be very high on our board (more so than Olave, who is great, and I love....but is basically Calvin Ridley and does nothing after the catch) 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Those were the two John Chapman mentioned and the two that I co-signed on LOL. 

I love Moore's hands. Think we need to put an emphasis on that with Lance for the time being.

Those would be the two that I think would be very high on our board (more so than Olave, who is great, and I love....but is basically Calvin Ridley and does nothing after the catch) 

Yeah, I like Olave a lot more for every other team in the NFL other than ours. But besides our love of the YAC due to our tendencies, with all of these 2 high and cover 4 shells running around, YAC just matters more lately. I don’t think being a vertical threat without also being able to evade or break some tackles is going to be valued that highly when teams are hyper vigilant about avoiding being beat by vertical routes. You want a bit of both. 

• Like 2