2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Makes ZERO sense for the Raiders to trade away Carr for Jimmy.

I just want the Jimmy saga to end one way or another. 

Either the surgery has really scared teams off or Lynch is playing hardball way to hard. I have a feeling this will end with Jimmy’s release.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Makes ZERO sense for the Raiders to trade away Carr for Jimmy.

I just want the Jimmy saga to end one way or another. 

Oh for sure, but this is the game guy who traded Cutler away to get Orton. You never know!

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

What can the Colts offer to the Raiders to make them move Carr? Would be interesting if they moved him and then traded for Jimmy. Kind of reminds me of when Mcdaniel traded Cutler lol. 

I'm guessing a 2nd this year & a 1st next year would be a fair deal for Carr. Maybe add another mid-rounder and/or a solid player. 

I bring it up because i remember one of these "insiders" mentioning it as a possibility. Not sure who it was or if they're reliable. But it would make more sense for the Colts to pursue Carr; Jimmy is QB purgatory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Either the surgery has really scared teams off or Lynch is playing hardball way to hard. I have a feeling this will end with Jimmy’s release.

Fine by me! I think we will be able to trade him but this is just getting frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

49ers better be in a rush, holding 25 million hostage past the new league year is pointless. At some point there won't be good enough talent to sign in a few week or further on. 

Confirmed my initial thoughts on Ian's tweet yesterday. Lynch is definitely playing hardball and Washington wasn't going to wait for them to make a move.

Sometimes you just have to make moves when they are available and know how to play your cards. Playing hardball isn't always the way to go.

SMFH!!!!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What can the Colts offer to the Raiders to make them move Carr? Would be interesting if they moved him and then traded for Jimmy. Kind of reminds me of when Mcdaniel traded Cutler lol. 

They would have to hope that the Raiders would be good with the Stafford deal, and I just don't think that is happening. I think that was some special circumstances (including Holmes coming from the Rams and being tight with the organization) 

4 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Why? We are going to get at the minimum a conditional 2nd rounder plus a late pick.. do you really think Washington's best offer for Jimmy was that far off from the Wentz deal they ended up doing?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Confirmed my initial thoughts on Ian's tweet yesterday. Lynch is definitely playing hardball and Washington wasn't going to wait for them to make a move.

Sometimes you just have to make moves when they are available and know how to play your cards. Playing hardball isn't always the way to go.

SMFH!!!!!

Agreed, they are dead set on getting a specific compensation I just hope it doesn't bite them in the ***. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

They would have to hope that the Raiders would be good with the Stafford deal, and I just don't think that is happening. I think that was some special circumstances (including Holmes coming from the Rams and being tight with the organization) 

The one thing I do wonder if McDaniels looks to draft Willis or Ridder let him sit for a year ala Mahomes/Lance. With the AFC west looking super grim I just don't see why they extend Carr.

Edited by 49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Why? We are going to get at the minimum a conditional 2nd rounder plus a late pick.. do you really think Washington's best offer for Jimmy was that far off from the Wentz deal they ended up doing?

I hope your right! But in my own opinion if Lynch is playing hardball (and that is his job) teams may go elsewhere and we lose out on compensation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

We don't know how deep they went in to that conversation. We don't know that they ever made a formal offer. The surgery may have scared them off from the start. Jimmy may have said he didn't want to go there and wasn't willing to restructure / extend or anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

I hope your right! But in my own opinion if Lynch is playing hardball (and that is his job) teams may go elsewhere and we lose out on compensation.

I think we're probably holding out for a 2nd or something which isn't a crazy ask, but Jimmy just isn't that highly valued. I just don't see a good fit league wide.

Packers, Broncos, Commanders all settled their QB situation. He isn't a fit for the Bucs.

Steelers & Saints are options; however, i think they're in the sweepstakes for long-term rookie QB's (Willis for Steelers & Pickett for Saints if i had to guess). He's probably only starting 2022 at best while the team develops their rookie; then he's on the move again in 2023. 

Colts are the most viable option but after all their failures they should be looking at a QB who can provide more stability; Carr, Cousins, Ryan. 

• Like 1