2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, GW21 said:

Ahh, yes. The ol' FFSDP4LC. Classic @Forge maneuver. I do think he'd be a great piece to bring in even if you did draft him. Hopefully we can get one of these guys on more than a 1 year contract one of these days so we don't have to keep repeating this exercise. 

I was a huge fan of his coming out. The only advantage that Fowler has is that he'll maybe be cheaper, but also won't count against the comp formula 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dang, that could be deadly. Mack and Bosa lined up across from each other is a good rebuttal to trading for Wilson imo. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a resurgence from Mack playing with the Chargers. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that Seattle had him on the outside last year, but I'm not 100% 

I dropped my PFF account, so I can't see snap counts by position anymore, but I feel like he put himself on the map by being a nickel back and the Seahawks put him on the outside because of injuries? Not sure, but I'd like him more as a nickel. I do remember when we drafted him that he was billed as a highly-rated nickel with a bulldog mentality. Seems like a natural fit in our defense, assuming he's a good zone defender.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

What would have been if Gruden hadn't been a huge prick and traded Mack to us (we had a better offer than the Bears). Bosa isn't a Niner but maybe DeFo still is. Crazy how one missed opportunity can set off a chain of events that transforms/derails a franchise.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

@Forge, McKivitz deal finally announced. Wonder what the hold up was. Also, Hurst? Kind of surprised by that. Maybe they're hedging because of Jones?

Not surprised by Hurst at all. He loooked good before his injury. Another year in the same scheme to rehab his value and hit the market in 2023. Alot of ppl here were predicting he'd be resigned. Especially with DJ likely to be too expensive to bring back.

Edited by 757-NINER

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Not surprised by Hurst at all. He loooked good before his injury. Another year in the same scheme to rehab his value and hit the market in 2023. Alot of ppl here were predicting he'd be resigned. Especially with DJ likely to be too expensive to bring back.

Yep, I thought it was a no brainer for both parties. We are still one of hte best places to rehab value as a defensive lineman. The first year just kind of washed out for him so may as well try again. 

47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fowler is the edge rusher to watch for us. Jones/Miller are pipedreams but Fowler could be solid here with the rest of the talent we have.

I can't get excited about Fowler personally. I'm hoping we can bring Key back and maybe add someone like Lorenzo Carter. It's hard to see us retaining Ebukam at his current number for the production we got out of him. 

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I can't get excited about Fowler personally. I'm hoping we can bring Key back and maybe add someone like Lorenzo Carter. It's hard to see us retaining Ebukam at his current number for the production we got out of him. 

We can bring back Key, I don't think he's going to have too strong of a market despite his good season. But Fowler would produce better here than he did with the Falcons.

Ebukam is set to make 8M, that's pretty rough for him just being a decent player.