2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Peacock does have a point! If the contract is no longer in effect, are you really going to get back that money when you negotiate from zero?

Depends on if the Colts are opening extension talks. 

If the colts aren't going to talk extension right now, then they'll certainly get more money starting from 0. Someone will sign him for more than 25M guaranteed, I think. Plus they can wait until he's healthy to start negotiations. 

If they are willing to talk extension now, then Jimmy should just go with that. 

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I would totally be on board with this ….he play right tackle and guard if need be. Wonder what the cost would be?

His contract is a decent 10 million every year next 3. He has injury and bone headed concerns. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Would Carolina be a fit?🤔

Reasonably sure his playing career is done. People forget he's going to be 35 years old this season. 

As the years have gone on, there's less and less reason to bring him in. I think teams would just prefer to shoot their shot on a younger guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Reasonably sure his playing career is done. People forget he's going to be 35 years old this season. 

As the years have gone on, there's less and less reason to bring him in. I think teams would just prefer to shoot their shot on a younger guy. 

Yeah you're right. I can't believe he is that old.. I would have guessed 32. I guess all of us are old now, too. 😅

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Yeah you're right. I can't believe he is that old.. I would have guessed 32. I guess all of us are old now, too. 😅

I hit 50 back in December and I can still catch every one of my boys in a game of tag (ages 25-13). 😎

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Not sure how legit this is but I'd be down for it. Him getting released just to keep Beathard on the roster never sat well with me.

100% in on this. Good corner and wouldn’t have to break the bank, also familiar with the scheme. Question is, would he play outside or would he kick in and replace K. Williams? If he plays outside, I would still be In the market for a cost effective nickel 

• Like 1