2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

38 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I can't get excited about Fowler personally. I'm hoping we can bring Key back and maybe add someone like Lorenzo Carter. It's hard to see us retaining Ebukam at his current number for the production we got out of him. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Key have most of his success this season rushing inside over the guard? If that’s the case, I would still re-sign Key and give Fowler a cheap deal.

Fowler succeeds when he isn’t the main focus, if he has Bosa opposite him, I think he could thrive.

10 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Key have most of his success this season rushing inside over the guard? If that’s the case, I would still re-sign Key and give Fowler a cheap deal.

Fowler succeeds when he isn’t the main focus, if he has Bosa opposite him, I think he could thrive.

Correct……We still need an edge even with Key.

47 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah you are right. Even still I think there are better options than Fowler. I think Carter would be great and could be had for less than we are due to pay Ebukam. Idk, Fowler just seems so dependent on other player to me and I’d like to take a chance on someone with some upside - but hopefully this time for more than a 1yr deal. I also think Omenihu is somewhat of a sleeper for us this year. I would be surprised to see him have a pretty solid year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/10/panthers-remain-interested-in-deshaun-watson/

Per the report, the Panthers believe they’ll have to surrender at least three first-round picks, another draft pick, and a young player or two. Alexander writes that the players would include safety Jeremy Chinn, defensive end Brian Burns, defensive tackle Derrick Brown, and/or cornerback Jaycee Horn.

The Athletic's Josh Kendall said he’s “not sure” the Falcons will re-sign Cordarrelle Patterson.

Patterson was one of the few bright spots from Atlanta's 2021 season. Often viewed as an improperly used player, Patterson finally saw significant work as a rusher and receiver with the Falcons. Patterson rushed for a career-high 618 yards and six touchdowns while also posting a receiving line of 52-548-5, but was put on a snap count late in the season. In the team's final three games, Patterson totaled just 20 carries and saw only five targets during the fantasy playoff season. Set to turn 31 next week, a team-friendly deal is likely Patterson’s best path to returning to the Falcons in 2022.

So fellas is today the day it finally happen?? Will today be the day it is about the Jimmy G trade as yesterday was about the Mack trade and the day before was the Wilson trade and the day before that was the Rodgers contract day??? 

17 hours ago, adamq said:

What about Derek Barnett? I remember liking his play in a couple Eagles games this year, and looks like he was a monster in college 

My guess is that he's deemed too slow for the wide 9. Kocurek has stated that he likes his edge rushers to have a 10-yard split of at or below 1.59 seconds. Barnett's was almost 1.7. I think Barnett's lack of athleticism would make him a bit of a tweener here. We need someone who can put pressure on the tackle with speed. Basically, someone to fill the Dee Ford role. There are a ton of speed rushers in the draft, which is where I think we grab an EDGE from. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So fellas is today the day it finally happen?? Will today be the day it is about the Jimmy G trade as yesterday was about the Mack trade and the day before was the Wilson trade and the day before that was the Rodgers contract day??? 

The MLB told the NFL no more news yesterday after the Mack trade lol.

Hopefully we get some more news to spice up this Friday!

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

The MLB told the NFL no more news yesterday after the Mack trade lol.

Hopefully we get some more news to spice up this Friday!

I'm not going to lie, from about 1pm EST to the time I went to bed last night, I was totally focused on the MLB. Today, most of my attention is going to be on the MLB, not work, the MLB because of the FA frenzy that is rumored to go down today. 

With that said, I'm ready for the Jimmy trade to go down ASAP.