WK 10 GDT: (5-3) Titans vs (3-5) Bengals

titansNvolsR#1

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It's not just one thing, he's also a crybaby for saying he would quit playing football if he was forced to stand for the anthem.

I like that the guy is a Titan because he's a good player, but he's a crybaby drama queen. All I'm saying.

Think you're letting your differing views on the anthem guide how you feel about him, but to each his own. Matthews has been the best receiver this team has had since... Mason? Bennett with Volek tossing the oval? If he wants to tweet his mind from time to time, I'll take it.

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Think you're letting your differing views on the anthem guide how you feel about him, but to each his own. Matthews has been the best receiver this team has had since... Mason? Bennett with Volek tossing the oval? If he wants to tweet his mind from time to time, I'll take it.

Not saying he's not a good player, he is. I'm saying he's a crybaby, and a drama queen. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Why am I not surprised that this is still your attitude after a 4 game win streak?xD

6 October 16 7:30 p.m. CDT Indianapolis Colts W 36–22 3–3 Nissan Stadium ESPN Recap
7 October 22 12:00 p.m. CDT at Cleveland Browns W 12–9 (OT) 4–3 FirstEnergy Stadium CBS Recap
8 Bye
9 November 5 12:00 p.m. CST Baltimore Ravens W 23–20 5–3 Nissan Stadium CBS Recap
10 November 12 12:00 p.m. CST Cincinnati Bengals W 24–20 6–3 Nissan Stadium Fox Recap

Because while a win is a win and it's good that we've won 4 straight, look who we've been playing and the margin of victory. No one is expecting the Browns, Bengals to be playoff contenders this season, and we're barely squeezing out wins.

I love that we have the winning streak going and that the team has found a way to get the W by any means necessary. But if we want something more than just a nice W-L record this season, we can't expect to show up the way we have against top notch teams in the AFC. Thursday night against the Steelers will be a good measuring stick for this team.

And the fact that some people are still pointing out the score against the Jaguars back in week 2... they too have found ways to win games, and their defense has really come together this year. If we want to ignore our Houston game as something out of the norm for this squad, why do we still continue to cling to that week 2 score against Jacksonville?

I don’t get why it matters the margin of victory. If they lost any of those games you’d be firing the coach and now they won those games and your still upset? No ones content with how they are playing the players themselves arnt content but it’s ok to be happy then Titans are 6-3 and in first place the whole team and forum in here knows they still have to work and get better

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t get why it matters the margin of victory. If they lost any of those games you’d be firing the coach and now they won those games and your still upset? No ones content with how they are playing the players themselves arnt content but it’s ok to be happy then Titans are 6-3 and in first place the whole team and forum in here knows they still have to work and get better

Ruskie is apparently on the superbowl or clean the entire team out train. That's the only thing that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:
6 October 16 7:30 p.m. CDT Indianapolis Colts W 36–22 3–3 Nissan Stadium ESPN Recap
7 October 22 12:00 p.m. CDT at Cleveland Browns W 12–9 (OT) 4–3 FirstEnergy Stadium CBS Recap
8 Bye
9 November 5 12:00 p.m. CST Baltimore Ravens W 23–20 5–3 Nissan Stadium CBS Recap
10 November 12 12:00 p.m. CST Cincinnati Bengals W 24–20 6–3 Nissan Stadium Fox Recap

Because while a win is a win and it's good that we've won 4 straight, look who we've been playing and the margin of victory. No one is expecting the Browns, Bengals to be playoff contenders this season, and we're barely squeezing out wins.

I love that we have the winning streak going and that the team has found a way to get the W by any means necessary. But if we want something more than just a nice W-L record this season, we can't expect to show up the way we have against top notch teams in the AFC. Thursday night against the Steelers will be a good measuring stick for this team.

And the fact that some people are still pointing out the score against the Jaguars back in week 2... they too have found ways to win games, and their defense has really come together this year. If we want to ignore our Houston game as something out of the norm for this squad, why do we still continue to cling to that week 2 score against Jacksonville?

New England:
36-33 (Texans)
24-17 (Jets)
19-14 (Bucs)
33-30 (Panthers)
21-13 (Chargers)

Pittsburgh:
21-18 (Browns)
23-17 (lost to Bears)
30-9 (Lost to Jags)
20-15 (Lions)
20-17 (Colts)

Eagles:
27-24 (Giants)
26-24 (Chargers)
28-23 (Panthers)

Seahawks:
12-9 (49ers)
17-14 (Lost to Redskins)
22-16 (Cardinals)

These teams have won sloppy games or loss games to "lesser" teams. Some games against the same teams we've beat.  What makes them different than us?
Pittsburgh specifically.  Even League favorite Eagles have won some games they had no real business winning when going back to look at it. Easily could be 5-4. But they aren't because they won. 

I don't think anyone is thinking we won games because we are just "that good." But we've won those games. And looking around the league, that is pretty much how it goes. You win and a lot of the time, you are barely winning. I completely understand not being completely pumped about how the team has played in the wins, however I just don't get the almost disappointment and pain it appears that some have at where we stand at the moment. 

Before season...we say after 9 games we are 6-3 (should be 7-2) and leading the division, do we take it or say naw....I want 9-0? 
When the season ends, and if we in the playoffs, I know I won't be the one upset or saying "we don't deserve this playoff birth because those wins weren't pretty." I'll be in Nissan cheering and pumped about being back in the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

stiiiilll waiting for good marcus...

(maybe that's a little harsh, it's not like he was *bad* today, but the guy we saw last november is still missing)

yeah. I don't think he will statistically be that guy this season, unless he goes on a major scoring spree.  
He can be "eh" Marcus while piling up "W's" and turn into Magically Marcus, kind like Flacco did that one season, and I'll be good. lol

Just now, KingTitan said:

BTW: Marcus' total yardage for the game was 315 total yards and 1 TD.  Not too bad. His running (even though I cringe when he runs now) was very timely. Moving the ball and converting downs.

That's with 4 drops too.

On another note Marcus has 3 game winning drives in the last month.

Archived