Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi 3 years 40.5 million /25.6 guaranteed……or DO they???

WindyCity

57 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Same boat.

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

As of 3-18, I am underwhelmed with the Poles regime.

Reserve overall judgment for a few years though.

Doesn't mean I won't criticize individual moves or non-moves or draft picks.

But you guys surely knew going into FA that this was the approach Poles said they were going to take..right?

He flat out said he didn't believe in spending huge money on the flashy big name FAs on day 1.

Whether you like that approach is a different story but we shouldn't really be surprised with how things have gone up to this point 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:
1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

As of 3-18, I am underwhelmed with the Poles regime.

Reserve overall judgment for a few years though.

Doesn't mean I won't criticize individual moves or non-moves or draft picks.

Expand  

Same boat.

Eh an actual rebuild is something I’ve been wanting for a while. Not making splash moves to cater to the fans when they have their own strat they wanna stick with is fine with me. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

But you guys surely knew going into FA that this was the approach Poles said they were going to take..right?

He flat out said he didn't believe in spending huge money on the flashy big name FAs on day 1.

Whether you like that approach is a different story but we shouldn't really be surprised with how things have gone up to this point 

We will see.   I have said from day one you still have to procure a competent or effective Oline and WRs which at moment you do not have.   I don't care if we lose games.  I didn't care last year.  

But I will say same things as last year.

It is not good for a young QBs development to him on field without competent help and protection.   You just wasted 2021 basically with the Fields development in my opinion.

1) He didn't get enough reps.   2) He didn't get reps with starters.  3) He had incompetent supporting cast.   It was same with MTs first year.  

He will get reps this year, but he still needs a competent supporting cast to develop.   At moment roster is worse than last year.    There is still time, so we will see what happens.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We will see.   I have said from day one you still have to procure a competent or effective Oline and WRs which at moment you do not have.   I don't care if we lose games.  I didn't care last year.  

It is not good for a young QBs development to him on field without competent help and protection.   You just wasted 2021 basically with the Fields development in my opinion.

1) He didn't get enough reps.   2) He didn't get reps with starters.  3) He had incompetent supporting cast.   It was same with MTs first year.  

He will get reps this year, but he still needs a competent supporting cast to develop.   At moment roster is worse than last year.    There is still time, so we will see what happens.

I agree with you on surrounding Fields with as much talent as possible in year 2 but first it's way too early in the offseason to judge and second  the roster was inevitably going to get worse before it gets better due to the new regime having to cut a lot of the dead weight/cap from the Pace/Nagy era 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He dealt with incompetent to possibly even malicious playcalling too.

I've been critical of Nagy's playcalling from day one but honestly it shocked me how he looked like he was actively sabotaging the offense last year. Even I said he was a conservative enough playcaller that he would be able to protect Fields, but then the idiot has Myles and Clowney being blocked one on one. The lack of chip blocking was pathetic, even top OTs were getting more help than Peters and Borom. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He dealt with incompetent to possibly even malicious playcalling too.

I've been critical of Nagy's playcalling from day one but honestly it shocked me how he looked like he was actively sabotaging the offense last year. Even I said he was a conservative enough playcaller that he would be able to protect Fields, but then the idiot has Myles and Clowney being blocked one on one. The lack of chip blocking was pathetic, even top OTs were getting more help than Peters and Borom. 

Nagy was pissed because he was told he had to start Fields and wanted to prove everyone wrong by showing how "unready" Fields was. Nagy is a child.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

But he did.