Randy Gregory STOLEN by Broncos

textaz03

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

All of which you've stated here is already well known. You still haven't addressed my main issue which is Randy Gregory calling the Cowboys fanbase toxic. Every NFL fan base is toxic, not just the Cowboys. Jerry took a chance and drafted Gregory, then stuck by him with all the suspensions when he could've cut him. Jerry has been overly loyal to players he's drafted. But after agreeing to a new contract with Dallas, he says "screw them" because of contract language, signs the same monetary contract with Denver and then proceeds to rip the Cowboys fanbase on the way out the door? That's a crap move and I don't see how you can defend it. This isn't a money issue, it's a professionalism issue. Especially coming from a player with Gregory's history.

And when teams pull this mess on a player, the fanbase calls them out on it too. 

Words don’t really mean much anymore especially on social media. Jones who I’m not a fan of at all stuck by this kid time and time again. To then call out Jones and his son for implementing a personal conduct clause in your contract when you have suspended multiple times. I get it  it’s a business but Randy could have taken the high road and just thanked the organization but found the broncos a better fit for my future. Instead he goes after ownership and the then the fans. Just recently a former Mets pitcher was so happy he left because the fan base is racist. Very difficult to root for immature millionaires who are attacking the fans more and more. It’s why my interest in sports has declined a lot. It used to be a get away for people from every day life. That’s no longer the case. 

Edited by cromagnum
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Very difficult to root for immature millionaires who are attacking the fans more and more.

I’ll counter with its easy to root for athletes who stand their ground vs. a world of highly entitled fans.

RG said nothing until a multitude of self righteous fans got on his Twitter page and started running off at the mouth.
Good for him for dishing it back their way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’ll counter with its easy to root for athletes who stand their ground vs. a world of highly entitled fans.

RG said nothing until a multitude of self righteous fans got on his Twitter page and started running off at the mouth.

This. 

57 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

How about staying off Twitter especially knowing your going to get a negative reaction. Little common sense. Athletes now are more entitled then ever before. When your making millions and most fans barely can pay there bills and your calling fans entitled. To each his own. 

Edited by cromagnum
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

How about staying off Twitter especially knowing your going to get a negative reaction. Little common sense. Athletes now are more entitled then ever before. When your making millions and most fans barely can pay there bills and your calling fans entitled. To each his own. 

I mean...the fans don't have to pay their money or spend their time watching the sport. 

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Staying off Twitter is a two way street.

Nobody is forcing anyone to support any athlete or team. 

Yes, fans are quite often super, entitled babies.  Jumping on Twitter for the sole purpose of trashing RG because he left your team proves it.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

This is an interesting issue.  Twitter to me is a terrible place to go to get informed about what people think. I would never base a my view of a 'fan base' on twitter or even these boards.  Fans should be judged on how they behave during the games and in the community not what some one can say on a mostly anonymous web site.

• Like 2

Athletes get bashed on twitter all the time. Only a few of them respond, and it’s usually a certain type of player… not the Russell Wilson’s or Andrew Lucks. In the end, Randy did nothing for the Cowboys. He hurt us severely in the playoff loss, and he doesn’t like cowboys fans including the ones who support him. He’s old and now plays for a team that won’t play Dallas in the next 4 years. He is an afterthought. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Athletes get bashed on twitter all the time. Only a few of them respond, and it’s usually a certain type of player… not the Russell Wilson’s or Andrew Lucks. In the end, Randy did nothing for the Cowboys. He hurt us severely in the playoff loss, and he doesn’t like cowboys fans including the ones who support him. He’s old and now plays for a team that won’t play Dallas in the next 4 years. He is an afterthought. 

He and D-Law were real difference makers in the 2018 playoff win, that season in general. Seattle was overmatched against them, like a lot of other teams throughout the year.

But alas. It’s over. I would call the Gregory experience in Dallas a success, ultimately, given how badly these things often tend to go when a guy flames out due to drugs, suspensions, general off field issues- but maybe not a huge success, at least not for Dallas. For Gregory, though, to still be in the league and have earned a life changing contract at 29- absolutely.

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1