Randy Gregory STOLEN by Broncos

textaz03

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Really interesting insight from Bobby. Basically said the Cowboys FO plays a lot of hardball with players (which…is wild given how often we feel they are bent over)

You listening to his podcast on 105.7? 

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Don't feel bad Dallas fans.

My Jets headed into FA #2 in available Salary Cap Space and have signed 0 Defensive FA players and 3 average to mediocre Offensive players.

11 years of no Playoffs and no urgency? 

Just 

End

The

Suffering. 

Jets.

Honestly, how many times does it need to be pointed out that we are not you. We can enter the offseason millions over and with later draft picks and we will still have a better offseason.

That said, this sucks. Im not a fan of this loss at all. And I think Stephen is to blame, like he is on Dak, Zeke and Tanks OG contract. The guy always trys to get cute and he doesnt have the charm to pull it off. 

Idiot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Quoted for Truth.

I had a feeling Randy Gregory back stabbed Dallas out of fear of being suspended within the future.

You are not quoting any truth. You called him a crappy person and a bad locker room guy. You are wrong and were really crappy about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You are not quoting any truth. You called him a crappy person and a bad locker room guy. You are wrong and were really crappy about it. 

It's my opinion. I think it takes a crappy person to quit on the same Franchise who never quit on him (despite multiple NFL suspensions).

And he refused to sign a written language that would've punished him for being suspended or fined (like always). 

6 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

More like a reload. But I will say this, JJ and SJ are not doing McCarthy any favors. As it is right now, they are actually setting him up to fail.

Count me among those who thinks this stinks.. and would much prefer Gregory over Von Miller. But while it also is easy as JJ has made so many mistakes but man JJ or SJ for that mater are not the cause of EVERY THING that goes wrong with this franchise...  IN this case I think we can see that Gregory got cold feet signing a contract that had wording that BELONGED in the contract and is in a DALLAS COWBOY contract and jumped ship for more money and security elsewhere.  I can be discouraged and upset by Gregory's actions and accept that this is on GREGORY.

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

More like a reload. But I will say this, JJ and SJ are not doing McCarthy any favors. As it is right now, they are actually setting him up to fail.

It would be just our luck Dallas signs Von Miller and he goes off a cliff. Depending on a 33 year old pass rusher is a bit much. Will have to target a DE in the draft (hopefully not in the 1st).

I get the feeling there was a desire for a divorce … but neither party wanted to admit it?

SJ not talking and wants no part in it. Agent claiming he’s never seen contract worded as such, but RG’s original contract having the same forfeiture language. RG has knee jerk reaction and Jerry is kissed at everyone.

Lots of terrain to navigate on this one. Quite the soap opera tbh.

Edited by WizardHawk

Everyone has their opinion about the RG saga.  If SJ tried to slip in the "protective language" into the contract unbeknownst to the RG team, that is wrong in everyway.  Be up front and honest.  It has since been divulged that this is common for all/most/some of Cowboys' contacts.  Did RG have similar language in his rookie contract?  IDK.  Did this cause mistrust from RG to the Boys?  Maybe...However, the Boys stood by him through some really tough times for RG.  I still think that some of this is on RG.  You can agree or disagree, but I believe in integrity and honor.  We don't know exactly what went on behind closed doors, but at the very least, they should have been a discussion between both sides before picking up your ball and going home.

BTW...I am in no way a fan of JJ.  I think his massive ego has caused much heartache for this ball club.  I was hoping that SJ was a much more humble, responsible, football savvy individual.  The jury is still out imo.  The DLaw contract was brilliant, but this RG thing is a disaster.  

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I get the feeling there was a desire for a divorce … but neither party wanted to admit it?

SJ not talking and wants no part in it. Agent claiming he’s never seen contract worded as such, but RG’s original contract having the same forfeiture language. RG has knee jerk reaction and Jerry is kissed at everyone.

Lots of terrain to navigate on this one. Quite the soap opera tbh.

We will never know what really happened.  It will be a constant he said she said scenario.  That being said I read today that according to RG's agent, the wording was if RG were to be fined for any reason by the NFL, he would forfeit any and all guarantees in his contract.   Again consider the source.  So if RG were to be fined for a uniform violation, or fined/suspended for a dirty hit he would forfeit dollars.  That seems too extreme.  Neither here nor there now.