Baker Mayfield formally requests a trade

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

With Carolina "out" of the Watson sweepstakes, Baker to the Panthers a possibility? I'm sure the Browns could acquire Darnold as part of the deal... heh, heh.

Roll with Darnold and draft someone, I guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The biggest difference is, Atlanta is likely to honor the request of a trade by Matt Ryan, that's the biggest difference.

The difference is you don't see Matt Ryan who has spent 15 years with 1 team b*****ing about it like a dejected school girl with their feelings hurt.

Ryan is handling it like a professional. Just like Jimmy G did--who took his team to 2 NFCCGs and 1 Superbowl in a 3 year stretch and they STILL drafted his replacement.

Baker has no right to complain about anything. Nothing. At all.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference is you don't see Matt Ryan who has spent 15 years with 1 team b*****ing about it like a dejected school girl with their feelings hurt.

Ryan is handling it like a professional. Just like Jimmy G did--who took his team to 2 NFCCGs and 1 Superbowl in a 3 year stretch and they STILL drafted his replacement.

Baker has no right to complain about anything. Nothing. At all.

Baker just spent all of last season gutting it out on the field with a significant injury while getting trashed in the media and by local fans. His team basically hung him out to dry, released reports trashing his character and openly pursuing a QB who, as others have pointed out, is facing 22 sexual assault allegations in civil court. And, oh yea, said QB basically refused to play for his last team because they didn't let him pick his head coach. 

You have NO CLUE what is going on behind closed doors in Atlanta. Ryan has most likely been promised a trade, and if he hasn't been, then the one who has an issue is Ryan because he would be a complete tool to stay in Atlanta after their pursuit of Watson.

Mayfield has every right to tell the Browns off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Baker just spent all of last season gutting it out on the field with a significant injury while getting trashed in the media and by local fans. His team basically hung him out to dry, released reports trashing his character and openly pursuing a QB who, as others have pointed out, is facing 22 sexual assault allegations in civil court. And, oh yea, said QB basically refused to play for his last team because they didn't let him pick his head coach. 

You have NO CLUE what is going on behind closed doors in Atlanta. Ryan has most likely been promised a trade, and if he hasn't been, then the one who has an issue is Ryan because he would be a complete tool to stay in Atlanta after their pursuit of Watson.

I'll trade three Browns fans for you. Come aboard. We need you.

9 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

The Browns have defended him and built a entire roster around him for years even though he has gotten into beefs with 4 head coaches (got 3 fired), multiple players including OBJ/Landry/John Johnson/Duke Johnson/Ronnie Harrison/Mack Wilson, arguments with over half of the local Cleveland media/reporters AND multiple members of national media. He even beefs on social media with 19 year old opponents of Oklahoma on Saturdays.

The Browns owe him nothing. All they ever asked him to do was 'grow up and be a pro' and he never did.

And people are up in arms about 1 single 'we need a adult in the room' comment by the team. Give me a break.

200.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is there really anything remotely close to this that’s been put out there? I’m asking because I genuinely don’t know and might be out of the loop. 

Requesting a trade = / = acting like a “dejected school girl”, JMO.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is there really anything remotely close to this that’s been put out there? I’m asking because I genuinely don’t know and might be out of the loop. 

Requesting a trade = / = acting like a “dejected school girl”, JMO.

Putting out a goodbye letter to fans while your still under contract and the FO is flying to meet Watson. Having the situation explained to you that 'we are going to still look at any elite QB that comes on the market', requesting a trade request the moment after Watson declines and and then following it up with a 'this situation is beyond repair'

Thats the professional press release......I would love to know what his actual words were because if thats the professional chain of events that happened, Ive seen enough of Baker tweeting at reporters to know that his real reaction was that of a dejected school girl. 

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Browns have defended him and built a entire roster around him for years even though he has gotten into beefs with 4 head coaches (got 3 fired), multiple players including OBJ/Landry/John Johnson/Duke Johnson/Ronnie Harrison/Mack Wilson, arguments with over half of the local Cleveland media/reporters AND multiple members of national media.

The Browns owe him nothing. All they ever asked him to do was 'grow up and be a pro' and he never did.

And people are up in arms about 1 single 'we need a adult in the room' comment by the team. Give me a break.

200.gif

it's fun to exaggerate, isn't it? Like Mayfield got Hue Jackson fired, not Hue himself. Or Freddie Kitchens for that matter. And if Mayfield got either of those guys fired rather than their own horrendous performances, you and every other Browns fan should be thanking him.

When did he get into "beefs" with these players? OBJ's dad attacked him on social media - when did Mayfield ever say anything negative about OBJ, because he basically blew him in the media every time he was asked about him from what I saw. Outside calling out Duke Johnson for wanting out, I don't recall Mayfield publicly engaging in any attacks on these players.

But again - attacks on his character would mean more to me if your team didn't burn its bridge with him pursuing Watson. What this comes down to is performance, which is fair enough. One might say the team could have and should have shut Mayfield down last season instead of continuing to put him out their when he clearly wasn't right mentally or physically, but they are free to upgrade at the most important position on the field.

Just don't pretend this is about character or now turn around and act like Mayfield has somehow done something wrong as a man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Putting out a goodbye letter to fans while your still under contract and the FO is flying to meet Watson. Having the situation explained to you that 'we are going to still look at any elite QB that comes on the market', requesting a trade request the moment after Watson declines and and then following it up with a 'this situation is beyond repair'

I guess we’ll agree to disagree. A goodbye Instagram post (that wasn’t really incendiary or particularly bad in and of itself) and then requesting a trade, isn’t what I’d call a “dejected school girl”. 

You won’t hear me press on saying Baker isn’t the most mature or professional guy, but you took it kind of past that.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats the professional press release......I would love to know what his actual words were because if thats the professional chain of events that happened, Ive seen enough of Baker tweeting at reporters to know that his real reaction was that of a dejected school girl. 

If that’s what you want to think. Just wanted to see if there was substance or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

This is true.

It’s not being a team player by trying to be a hero and in turn being a net negative to the team. 

Playing through a serious injury is being a team player. It's on the team to shut the player down if he's a net negative. It's not on the player to make that call.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Playing through a serious injury is being a team player. It's on the team to shut the player down if he's a net negative. It's not on the player to make that call.

I wish people would stop using this as reasoning, but they keep trying to act like it was on him and not coaching. Meanwhile, Stef has done nothing to earn trust and yet he's an untouchable 🤷.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Baker spent all last season trying to earn a new contract, the notion that he was doing what was best for the team is BS and you also have NO CLUE what going on behind closed doors in ATL so your speculation about Ryan being promised a trade is meaningless. 

Mayfield has publicly called out teammates, the medical staff, and Coaches but everyone wants to cry for him because one comment leaked about a character flaw the entire world already knew he had